Thread: Connie
View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2022, 11:12 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Something else the cardiologist/surgeon told me.

Only 50 percent of the patients with the type of heart attack I had survive the ambulance trip to the hospital. Then of those that get to the cath lab and have the stent put in, some don't make it within the next 48 hours. Of those that survive that, some don't survive the next 30 days.

He said I should consider myself as a "Heart Attack Survivor". Not everyone gets to wear that T-shirt, apparently.

Connie wants me to get that other stent put in REAL SOON, because she is afraid that although she is feeling relatively OK now, she might not feel that way with the cumulative side effects from the chemo treatments over the next couple of months. So right now she can take care of ME when I get out of the hospital. If I were to have another heart attack sometime over the next couple of months (which the cardiologist said was certainly a possibility), things could turn out quite differently.

So yeah, everyone seems to think getting that stent put in this week is a good idea.. Me? Heck, I can think of a LOT of things I would rather do than having someone poking around in my heart.