Thread: Connie
View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2022, 10:32 PM   #19
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Thanks Andy.

Had another kick to the balls today. Our submersible water pump died. I did all the diagnostics to rule out everything else, but no go for an easy fix. Bad pump by ruling out everything else. The tank and the well casing going into the ground is quite distant from the house, because it was pre-existing when we bought the property. Which was 30 some years ago. So now it is pretty much in the woods. Fortunately I did clear some brush away from some areas close by, but still a lot to go when I got a round tuit. Got a guy coming out tomorrow to replace the pump, but he says he needs to be able to get his crane with 5 to 8 ft. of the well. That is going to be a big problem with how it is right now, unless his crane is on a tank.

I asked a friend to bring a tractor over tomorrow early AM, to cut a path from our driveway back to the pump. I also have to be manning the pole saw because a lot of yaupon sapplings along with grape vines are overhanging the pump and there is no way the guy would be able to get to the pipe to pull out that pump straight up. So I have to be manning the pole saw and the chainsaw to cut all that away. Not sure what my cardiologist would say about me doing this sort of activity less than a week from the surgery, but I really don't have any choice. Hopefully I won't end up in the ER tomorrow with another heart incident. Connie sure as hell can't be doing it, so I'm the guy holding the short straw.

Weather forecast is saying rain after 2pm, so hopefully they aren't wrong and I wind up doing that work in the rain too. They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am flipping a coin on this one. Could be it will be both if I die and am pretty strong smelling because I didn't get that shower I was planning on tonight. Probably not the optimum thing to be doing for my recovery period. People tell me I need to relax, but how can I when stuff like this pops up?

Now really sure what I did to piss off Murphy and his Gawd awful laws.