Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2022, 07:49 PM   #1142
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

It happened to another husband/wife team that we worked with almost three years ago. It was night and Charlie was driving on I-8 in California when he got a wind warning to shut down. The company we worked for then had their own meteorology crew that would warn us of hazardous weather conditions and order us off the roads if conditions warranted it. He was trying to get to an exit but he didn't make it. Lucky (I guess) there was a fire/rescue crew working a blow over that had happened minutes before at the same location that Charlie's rig flipped. There was also a television news crew on scene filming the first incident and the rescue crew was filmed cutting the windshield out of Charlie's truck getting him and his wife (Amy) along with their German Shepard. I saw the news video of them crawling out of the truck. Amy was asleep in the bunk when it happened and even though she had the safety net over the bunk she got a concussion from it. They were owner/operators and had a really tough time with the insurance company over repairing their truck. It actually traumatized Amy to the point that she quit driving so Charlie drives solo now.