View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
I think the bio was written by Keli, there are major glaring gaps in the bio. I wish I could remember the guy in Atlanta's last name that he used to work with, his first name was Reese (sp). I don't know exactly what happened but there was a falling out. Maybe someone here will know who he is.

The other part which I find funny is that it says he started it with his wife in 2005 rather then, he started the business in 2005, screwed numerous people over then got married in Dec of 2009.

Ok so that was a low blow but still. It is a lie that they were married in 2005.

To clarify who Reece is, here is a conversation between me and Stephen from MTI in Atlanta. Below is me fact
checking statements with MTI in Atlanta a long time ago, I took what Chris had posted on his site and showed it to them so they could verify if what he had listed was true or not.

Everything in caps is from Stephen at MTI commenting on the things Chris said in Quotes, with the
last thing in quotes being something I asked because i thought Chris
mentioned he tuned there, but I wasn't sure, but at least now you know he didn't.

"joined MTI Racing in Atlanta where I worked in the shop." - TRUE

"became the crew chief on the 2001 C5R driven by the owner of MTI,in
2004 I was chosen to head up the build of one of the 20 C5R covette
kit cars" - DON'T THINK SO.

"was hired on to personally build and oversee the C5R" - NO. ALL
DIRECTION AND SUPERVISION WAS DIRECTED BY REESE COX, OWNER, RACER AND BUILDER OF MTI RACING.

'clarify if he did any actual tuning" - ALL TUNING IS DONE BY REESE COX.

Now it's possible that he could be talking about a completely different C5R (maybe it's John Arnolds), but I'm curious as to why MTI has been left out of biography that Rich posted above. He used to have them in pretty much the same bio, but now doesn't.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote