View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default With Camaro sales actually earning money for GM,

I'm sure that the purchase for a Corvette was challenged. Obviously having a ground pounding brute like the Camaro, for 10k to 20k less than regular 'Vettes, it stand to reason the new Camaro may have very well cut into Corvette sales, but then again I don't mind...the Camaro has always been affectionately referred to as Corvettes' "Little Brother".

With sales over 50,000 well into the 2010 MY, and the convertible hitting the showroom floors in February of 2011, sales could very well exceed 100,000 in 2011. Four choices of engines certainly makes one's teeth sweat with giddiness when comtemplating what level of the Camaro beast to wish to attempt to tame.

So Shadow...your points are well taken...and worth a thought or two when thinking shrinking Corvette sales. At least one thing is a sure positive...at least those car buying dollars are staying in the US and staying within the GM family!

I'll try and get the numbers about Camaro and Corvette from the 60's and 70's...when horsepower truely mattered up 'till '72.
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote