View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2006, 03:05 AM   #19
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
Rich, I'm about 20 miles north of Englewood, I work down there from time to time. Actually, Englewood is still pretty much old Florida. It's nice down there. Let us know if you can make it. We'll get together if you want..Yep, know all about those trips down here as a kid from Virginia. 601 out of Highpoint, NC to 301 in Orangeburg, SC I think it was. We'd go to Miami/Hollywood area. The good old days .........Tom
Yeah, we're about the same age. The reason my dad took us down there was because of something he read in a fishing magazine about Stump Pass. My parents eventually bought a lot right on the Gulf about midway from the public beach south to what is now the state park there. Unfortunately they waited until I had moved out of the house before moving there... Man, what a paradise for a kid..... But I had a younger generation brother and sister who did move down there with them.

I still remember my into to Englewood. At that time there was a restaurant (there is still some sort of club there today) right across from the south end of the public beach overlooking Lemon Bay. I remember we were sitting at the table for lunch or early dinner and these porpoises came playing and jumping nearly right at our feet! We were enthralled... The place was paradise for a bunch of kids from Baltimore.....

Anyway, sorry, reminiscing, I guess. Yeah, I'll let you know if and when Connie and I can get down that way. I think it would be a lot of fun to meet up with some of you if possible.

Thanks for the offer.....
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote