View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2022, 10:32 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I actually took the vette out this past Saturday. I had a headache earlier and driving the car always seems to get rid of headaches for me. I was traveling on route 98 and in the 60 mph zone, a couple of yahoos were driving 50 mph. Road was wide open ahead, so I put my blinker on, dropped it down into fourth gear, and stretched the turbos a little bit. Been quite a while since I have pushed the car any, and honestly, it startled me. I had forgotten about the acceleration that car can do under boost. I could swear that it felt like the front end lifted up a bit, because the steering wheel got REALLY loose feeling. Probably just my imagination, but still....

Not sure how much 93 octane gasoline is costing now, but I can't really drive it much less than I already have been. I sure don't want the gasoline in the tank to get real old though. But not really sure I want to swallow paying $5+ per gallon of gasoline, neither. Regular was already up to $4.29 at the local Shell station in Crawfordville, last time I looked. It might be higher now, since it seems to be rising daily.

Anyway, no chance at all I will be driving it over the next week or two until the rains stop, the dirt road dries up a bit, and it gets the mud ruts scraped off of it.

I swear sometimes I think about selling that car, but after taking it out for a ride, that idea just goes right out the window. So I really should drive it more often. I'll have to check, but I might have that 500 mile break-in period for the new clutch behind me by now.