Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #1012
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck when Connie and I first moved down here we would sometimes get lows in the low 20s and even into the teens. Not any more. And this whole area was under a severe drought condition. Which was kind of cool, because all the swampy areas were high and dry with really cool looking cypress trees and their knees sticking out of the sand. That has changed, too.

So for me, right here, things seem to be getting better, weather wise. Warmer winters, and wetter years, all in all. Of course, skeeters can be a problem, but even they haven't been as bad as we saw here 15 or so years ago. I remember having mosquito magnets out and filling up a 5 gallon bucket three quarters full with dead mosquitoes caught in those traps. There would be clouds of mosquitoes completely surrounding all of those traps. We don't see that any more, neither (thank God!).

So maybe just the little niche Connie and I live in, but all in all, this area seems to be improving. Of course, other people might be seeing that too, as there is development going on throughout the county. Our 50 acres can only shield us from so much, I guess.