View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #21
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Hot Pursuit, it is quite obvious by your responce that you are a member of law enforcement and I must say that I am quite shocked by your response. If driving 87 mph over the posted speed limit isn't considered driving to endanger or reckless driving I am truely amazed. At the speed of 157 mph a vehicle is no longer a normal mode of transportation, I would think it is just as dangereous as a loaded weapon. At that speed, a wet spot, a small animal in the road, or even the slightest steering correction could quickly become a major problem for any car. There can be absolutely no excuse for traveling at 157 mph on a public road period and to let someone walk away who has put themself, their wife, the cop chasing him or anyone else on the road at the time in that kind of danger is absolutely mind boogling. I realize living here in Florida with the amount of drugs, murders, rapes and child molesters there are, that traffic violations are not nearly as important, but 87 mph over the speed limit is a bit excessive. I guess when it comes to the actual law I must be totally ignorant and wrong in my thinking.

I realize that there are no quota's, or writing tickets doesn't affect your pay, as it shouldn't, but I just can't fathom that this kind of violation would ever go with no penalty whatsoever. I would think just the fact that he forced the cop to chase him and stop him for that speed would be enough to piss him off just by the persons total disregard for the law, but to think that he would be let off scott free because he showed remorse or drove the same kind of car is astonishing, from a civilian point of view you understand.

I've heard many Thanksgiving and Christmas stories from my Uncle Bill who was a Mass Registry of Motor Vehicles Inspector for 35 plus years, (before department consolidation they had the same powers as any other police officer and were tougher than other cops and were feared by kids who modified their cars), or from my friend Tony's Uncle Mimi who was a Boston motorcycle cop forever, or from his two sons who are both Maine State Troopers, but I can't ever recall a story of someone doing over 150 miles per hour on a public road and being let go. I guess the troopers in Mass must be nastier than here in Fla.

I certainly hope that if I get stopped again it is by you or by another LEO who owns a Vette or an Envoy because like everyone else who commits a speeding violation I am remorseful, and sorry that I was speeding, even sorrier that I got caught instead of someone else and with my luck the cop will hate Vettes because he drives a Mustang GT or a Viper.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote