View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2023, 01:28 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, heck, I would guess that electronics replacement parts for my 2002 Z06 are likely getting pretty hard to come by. Those parts are hardened off with epoxy covering everything, which makes them resistant to environmental road damage. But on the other hand, makes it nearly impossible to fix them when they go bad.

I am beginning to think that buying older versions of vehicles where there isn't as much electronics crap in them to go bad might actually be the most logical thing to do these days. I would guess that prices would be about the same, regardless of whether it is a C2 Corvette or a C8 Corvette.

Too bad that Jeep discontinued the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, as I would be tempted to buy one. 770 horsepower in a SUV. Dodge is supposedly resurrecting the Durango Hellcat with the same engine in it. But my philosophy might be changing in my later years of life to buy a new vehicle, buy the extended warranty, and only keep it till the warranty runs out. Of course, even if you have a warranty, if replacement parts are unavailable, then it will be of little use to you.

Pretty sad to think that the USA is becoming a third world country. But I think that is by design, anyway. The powers that be cannot convince the American public to join the "New World Order" if it means to voluntarily give up their higher standard of living in the process. Encouraging to know we are just eggs that need to be broken in order to create that new world order omelette, isn't it?