View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, yesterday I pulled the plug off of the alternator and sprayed both the male and female ends with some electronic contact spray cleaner I had around here. Then plugged and unplugged it a couple of times to see if that would clean off any oxidation that might be causing that intermittent problem I have been having. I saw that there is a plug on the starter in this circuit, but I couldn't see it from topside of the engine, and I don't really have any way to get underneath the vehicle to do that.

Today the wife and I took a drive down to Alligator Point, which was a nice 2 hour round trip. Didn't see a hint of a problem monitoring the battery voltage. Tended to stay right around 13.5 volts but did drop down as much as 13.2 and up to 13.7 while driving. When I pulled under the carport when we got home, it was setting at 13.0, but I think that is just the way it is. Although I am wise to the ways of Murphy's Law, I am hoping that maybe the problem is fixed. It just FELT like an intermittent contact to me upon thinking about it and reading up on how the circuitry works a bit in the maintenance manuals.

Anyway, we'll see, I guess. Just got my fingers crossed.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote