View Single Post
Unread 07-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
EDIT: I realize that there are several current and former LEOs on here, and I just want to point out that I mean nothing personal by the above. I just have a problem with anybody being empowered with the ability to control any aspect of my life. I have no problems with Jon Doe, but once he puts on his uniform and becomes Officer Doe he becomes a threat to my personal happiness. Yea, I'm selfish like that. But a lot of the time I just look at some stuff and can't figure out why it is "unlawful", many people make the mistake of thinking that anything illegal is immoral and wrong when that is often not the case.
Honestly, I believe more and more people are thinking this way lately. As it becomes more and more blatant that law enforcement is more and more about revenue generation, and the public safety and welfare be damned, the more people are going to come to resent this backdoor tax collection scheme.

It won't be too long before the realization hits that the more things that are illegal with fines attached, the more revenue generation it will produce. Heck, I've said for a LONG time that eventually citizens of the USA (home of the free, land of the brave... ) will be issued a pamphlet on their 18th birthday that will itemize EVERYTHING that is legal to do. If it is not in that pamphlet, then it is ILLEGAL. I don't expect that pamphlet to be very large to begin with, and it will shrink from "updates" often....