View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2021, 01:10 PM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, I understand that! And congrats on landing such a nice home!

Wakulla County is constantly building new developments, and all the while claiming that they won't have any local impact. Now they are planning on putting in traffic control circles on roads, which in my opinion is the dumbest thing anyone has ever thought of. No one knows what to do when they come to a circle when other cars are there too. I'm thinking that the people who decide to put those things in either own interest in auto body shops or towing truck companies, or have close relatives that do.

Heck, we are constantly fighting with the county over the road that goes through the center of our property. They are constantly trying to widen it even though they only have an easement of 15 ft. And even that easement has never been officially designated anywhere.

Granted there are a lot of things to like about Florida, including no state income tax and being located in a "Second Amendment sanctuary county" which may become REAL important pretty soon.

Back when Connie and I were living in Maryland and planning on buying property further south, we could not consider Georgia simply because I could not have run my snake breeding business there. Georgia has (or had?) a very strange law such that I could not have retained the corn snakes I was working with, however had I been breeding eastern diamondback rattlesnakes that would would have been just fine.

Good luck with your plans. Seems like things are working out quite well for you.