View Single Post
Unread 10-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Sometimes a good dose of reality is just the right thing to bring people back into reality.

"Spoken to like that?"
F**k that!! These are car clubs not the supreme court Who does he think he is/was? Good for you for speaking your mind. Maybe they'll get it together

Some clubs can definately be cliquish. Seems the bigger the club, the better the likelyhood of being lost in the crowd unless the officers and members make a concerted effort to stay in touch.

Our club is big and frankly, I don't know that many of the people personally. I know the pres, and one of the other officers, and a handful of members. Most I've met have been pretty decent people.

Biggest problem, is MY problem I don't make meetings and get involved as I should. Time is a major problem for me. I work most of the time and when I'm not working, I like spending time with my G-daughter who lives with me.

The Vette is a 2 seater of course, not exactly the "family car" and the wife doesn't exactly enjoy riding in the 87 for a variety of reason. Another reason why I'm selling and will later move to a C5 or 6.

If I were more involved, I'd know more people and vice versa. I hope to be better involved this coming year, vette or no vette!

In your case, sounds like a bit of superiority complex by the board members might have been the issue along with the cliques.

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but it certainly looks as though you dealth with it well

Hey, Scott....come join us and you can be a slacker like me
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote