View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I can only do the best I can in dealing with spammers. I've been on the road all day today and am only now checking in from my laptop in the motel. Sorry, I just can't be here 24/7. But I delete them when found. Best thing to do is to use the REPORT A POST function and just not bother responding to the threads. I will get to it and delete the thread as soon as possible.

I get these on ALL my message board systems. Not to mention the 100s of spam emails every day. From the context and manner in which these posts and emails are being delivered, I am pretty sure this is electronic terrorism at work. The plan is to not only grind US internet based commerce to a halt via the spam itself, but make the spam blockers and other attempts to block the spam so onerous that it only promotes further the plan to make the internet useless to us.

Sorry, but there is NO easy answer to the problem. The more popular a site becomes, the bigger the target for spammers.....

If you want me to put some more people in place as "moderators" specifically to combat the spammers, let me know. I just need some volunteers who are on here most of the day and able to catch the spam quickly after it is posted...