View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2023, 12:57 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I believe that car manufacturers REALLY don't want shade tree mechanics to be able to work on their products.

As for taking that C8 Z06 to the local Advance Auto to get a new battery installed in it, FORGET THAT! Heck, with all those bolts holding those panels underneath the car, I would imagine getting a starter or alternator replaced would be a headache.

I think the manufacturers want you to consider these $100,000+ vehicles as throwaways once the warranty has expired. But heck even under warranty, what are the chances that the techs at the dealerships would be able to get to anything on the engine without damaging something in the process? It appears that EVERYTHING will need to come out from the underside of the car.

Aw hell, I just noticed that the uploader pulled that video from YouTube. I guess Chevrolet figured out that seeing what is necessary to work on that car is a very strong NEGATIVE selling point. Well, they are right. Any fantasies I may have entertained about buying one went right out the window for me.

Or maybe they just found it embarrassing that a low mileage C8 Z06 was needing a new engine so soon.