View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2023, 11:49 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, just wait till the electric grid crashes and burns when EVERYONE is charging up their vehicles overnight on a hot summer day with all the air conditioning units running full tilt too. This all sounds to me that there was some big bucks crossing palms from people with a lot of money invested in the electric power companies. And I am sure that the Chinese manufacturers of those batteries are certainly loving this idea too. Again, money crossing palms there too.

Personally I think this is a ploy to try to keep people tethered to a small radius around their residence. You can only drive half the full charge distance, as there just are not going to be that many places, except in high population density areas, to get your car recharged to continue with a long trip. And then there is the problem of the amount of time it will take to charge up your vehicle. It won't be anywhere near as quickly as just pulling into a gasoline station, filling up the gas tank, and being on your way.

Oh yeah, and then sticker shock when it comes time to replace those batteries in your vehicle. I have zero interest in buying an electric vehicle and even less to ever buy a USED one.

When are people going to learn that anytime the government MANDATES something, is is certainly NOT for our own good?

BTW, I wonder what a direct short across the negative and positive terminals of those battery banks will do? Those things must be providing a lot of current.