View Single Post
Unread 05-05-2023, 01:19 PM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I'm wondering if insurance companies have a clause that gets them off the hook if they suspect a fire caused by lithium. I can see that being somewhere in the fine print.

As for electric class 8 trucks, I personally don't see that as plausible. Especially for those that run over the road in teams. Back when we were doing that we only stopped for fuel once a day and to change drivers. 15-20 minutes for each stop unless we had time for a shower. But the situation with truck fueling and parking is already at its limit now. having to install infrastructure for these trucks to sit in a "charging line" that would take at least 45 minutes to get a 75% charge.....It won't work. There isn't enough real estate to have trucks lined up that deep. If you think there's a supply chain issue now?!

It's impressive that Elon Musk has been able to do what he has, both with the cars and the trucks that he has created. But in a real world application, we are light years from that being possible, especially with the trucks. They might be ok for day drivers that can park them back at their lot overnight and provide their own place to charge them but that's going to come at a serious cost to install chargers. That's IF the power grid will even support it. The democrats that are pushing so hard for this are truly clueless.

And like it's being revealed now, the fire hazard they represent may be their undoing. When one of them catches fire, or say the lot they park at floods, POOF! There goes the whole fleet? Or worse, the whole warehouse?