Thread: Preference
View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #25
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Where's the chart from Bob?
It looks vaguely familiar.

As for "1 shot stops", if you want to bet your life on that, use a shotgun.

"1 shot stops" from a handgun, especially one that's even reasonably concealable, depends on much more than ammo size and load.

Range, shot placement, attackers mental, physiological and emotional state, all come into play.

In a CQB encounter (hand to hand) where your attacker has gotten thier hands on you, I don't care if you're using a pellet gun, if you can retrieve your weapon, shoot the fecker in the eye, the ear (down the canal-not the earlobe), the trachea, the nose, the sternum or the nads....and you'll get your point across

The 1st three are highly probable to result in a fatal or immediately incapacitating injury, due to the soft tissue and lack of supporting bone structure (cartiledge breaks easily).
Which is also one of the reasons I carry a steel shaft pen

The nose and nads, not so, but will likely result in all but the most dedicated (or so high they feel no pain) attackers, making a hasty retreat

The sternum is one of the last places I'd trust with a small calibre weapon, simply due to the surrounding skeletal structure.

A .22, .38, .380, 9mm...will all serve you very well in these situations and are considerably easier to conceal overal.

At any other distance, despite the damage I've seen inflicted by small calibre rounds at these distances, I'll still prefer a larger calibre round for it's trauma factor

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote