The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 09-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS (For Sale) F/S 1980 C3 5.7 Carb Claret Automatic

I'm selling my 1980 C3, let me begin by saying that this is very much a project car or a spare parts car. I purchased the car knowing it would be a lot of work but i fancied the challenge, unfortunately for me i'm inept and realize now that i don't have the skillset to complete the car.

The corvette runs and drives. The following work has been completed:
New Holly 650CFM 4 barrel Carb,
New power steering control valve and rag joint (Installed by Corvette Masters in Maitland FL)
New U-Joints installed on the half shafts
New polyurethane bushings on the rear suspension
Transmission rebuilt with a shift kit (Fluid is cherry red and gear changes are firm)
** I have all new AC Delco upper and lower ball joints, idle arm, polyurethane bushings for the front end which come with the car (See pictures) **

The following items need to be addressed:
Paint (Original color is Claret)

Interior: Dash pad (Original one is brittle and sunbaked, is not a good candidate for restoration), Seats need recovering, carpets need replacing, drivers door panel, some trim pieces for the A pillars and across by the sun visors.

Electrical and Vacuum: The headlight actuators have never worked since I bought the car, my intent was to replace the vacuum operation with the electrical actuators but i never got round to it. This car had lots of electrical gremlins when I purchased the car. I replaced the flex circuit boards on the instrument cluster and the center gauge stack, everything seems to be working except for the clock and the fuel gauge is always reading max. I suspect this is a sender issue in the gas tank. The electric windows do work, the drivers side could use a new regulator. The power locks have never worked. Recently the alternator light has started coming on, I tested the alternator output with a multimeter and it shows the alternator is putting out about 13.8v so i'm not sure what the issue is. I put a brand new RPM gauge board in the cluster, the RPM's were showing perfectly until the alternator light came on, now the gauge reads from about half way to max. There is no radio. The brake lights/tail lights, turn signals, headlights, high beams are working correctly.

Air conditioning/heating: The compressor works and the system is charged. I had the heater (Metal S-pipe) burst on me during a drive (car did not overheat and engine was shut off immediately). In order to get home I had to loop the heater feed pipe back to the water pump but in order to do this I had to cut off the belt for the AC compressor so it will need a new belt. I purchased a new replacement s-pipe and will include it in the sale of the car.

Engine and exhaust: The 350 runs really well, could benefit from a tune-up as the car hasn't been driven in a while. I do start and run the car for about 20 minutes once a week just to keep everything going. The carb is a new 4 barrel holy 650cfm. The exhaust looks original to the car and needs to be welded or replaced as there are some holes in the mid section. The drivers side exhaust manifold gasket needs replacing. There is a tapping noise which I thought was engine related but Corvette masters confirmed it was a leaking exhaust gasket. I have noticed a small oil leak on the passenger side of the engine, i haven't done a thorough check but it looks like a leaking valve cover gasket. Other than that the engine runs great and idles nice. Does not overheat.

Transmission: The previous owner had the 3 speed transmission rebuilt and he said they put in a shift kit to hold the gears longer and change firmer. I have no idea which shop did the work or what kind of shift kit is installed but the tranny works perfectly with nice firm gear changes. The fluid is cherry red and does not smell burned.

Brakes: The brakes work well however the parking brake will need to be looked at.

Miscellaneous: The T-Tops are included, both could benefit from new or refurbishment of the headliner panels. The driver and passenger floor footwell panels are rusted through and will need replacing. The bird cage is surface rusted but doesn't look rotted out. The only holes I can see are at the ends of the rockers toward the back by the rear tires. I was told that they just need plating but that the rest of the rockers are solid. I have included pictures. The tires are about 1.5 years old and have plenty of tread left on them. The front end needs alignment but should probably be done after the front end bushings are replaced. The car has a spare tire carrier but no spare wheel/tire.

I have tried to be as transparent about the cars condition as i possibly can be. I have nothing to hide and reiterate that it is a project with most items needing to be refreshed. It does run and drive and I believe the price i'm asking is fair. The car has a clean Florida title in my name, I have requested a paper copy of the title from the DMV to make it more convenient when transferring to the new owner (Should be here within a week from today 9-9-21)

I'm asking $4500 firm which includes all the front end ball joints, complete polyurethane bushings set, new lens for the instrument cluster, new metal s-pipe for the heater supply line. I can also include the broken dash which may have some parts on it to transfer to a new dash.

The car is located in Deltona, FL, 32725. Even though the car is running and driving, I would highly recommend you bring a trailer to tow it since it has no license plate.

Thank you

Daniel Richardson

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote