The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
sglfladad

Name :
sglfladad is on a distinguished road
Default Sad state

So you all know I'm selling the Z. I used the white windshield marker and put tho FOR Sale on my back window yesterday.

Today I drive her to a little handicap tournament of a sport I play. One of the players brought his two daughters. The 12 year old daughter was admiring the car, told me she thinks it nice. I mean she was really admiring it. Walking around, not touching, looking in. It felt good to see her so interested. She said, nice car or something to that effect. Then she saw the For Sale written on the back window and with a sad look,asked why I was selling it.

I told her that I had some other priorities in life and that I choose to. She sad that's sad. I said yes, a little bit, but other doors are opening that are exciting to me. When the time I right, I will certainly have another corvette.

So now to my rant! I briefly thought about asking her if she wanted a ride around the block. I'm sure it would have made her day. A little spirited ride around the block in a ZO6 for a girl whose dad drives a beat up old LeBaron.

Then I thought about the possibility of someone thinking that it may have been a little more than just a ride around the block. So I chose not to offer. If I knew the father better or had not just met her today I probably would have offered.

My point is that it is a sad state when a guy can't feel comfortable offering a child a thrill like that.

So sad. I still feel bad about it.

Thanks for reading my rant.