• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Sebring 2010...who's going?

I would like to go. I hope to make the mandatory autograph session ALMS has and tell the Flying Lizard team a thing or two about the poor racing last year at Laguna Seca.

I'll be there. Out side of turn-1. Spots 69 & 70. Not sure if I'll be bringing the vette, but probably not.

SebringFans.com

Great spot! It's all RV's over there, correct? I don't suppose you have a high vantage point that you wouldn't mind me taking some photos from, do you? I'd be more than willing to share the shots I get. I think I took around 3,000 pictures back in March.

I heard the Winter Test Days for ALMS cars is February 22nd and 23rd. It's open to the public and it's about 10 bucks. The whole track isn't open, just the infield. So turns 1-7 and I'm not sure about the final corner where the corral is. I will definitely make at least one of the days.

Great spot! It's all RV's over there, correct? I don't suppose you have a high vantage point that you wouldn't mind me taking some photos from, do you?

Come on down. We "should" have a corvette flag of some kind flying this year. Just have to make a new pole or borrow the one from the office that's never been put up. It is a great spot and we'll have an A class this year which puts you high enough over the fence. Last year we had a smaller RV and it SUCKED taking pictures from. Also keep an eye out for the SebringFans.com banners. :dancer01:

:party:
Waiting on Corvette Corral tickets (and the Piloti Driving shoes - too bad they are not for me :( )

Come on down. We "should" have a corvette flag of some kind flying this year. Just have to make a new pole or borrow the one from the office that's never been put up. It is a great spot and we'll have an A class this year which puts you high enough over the fence. Last year we had a smaller RV and it SUCKED taking pictures from. Also keep an eye out for the SebringFans.com banners. :dancer01:

I will definitely be in your area. Are you there all 4 days? I think I'm going for 3 of 4. I drive back and forth from Pinellas. Though I do stay over Friday night into Saturday.

I'll be renting a super zoom lens to get some great up close shots. I'd be happy to give you any copies of what I take.

Sounds good. We get there thursday night and leave sunday morning. I got a new Corvette Jake flag for christmas so that'll be flying over our camping spot. :thumbs:

I will definitely be in your area. Are you there all 4 days? I think I'm going for 3 of 4. I drive back and forth from Pinellas. Though I do stay over Friday night into Saturday.

I'll be renting a super zoom lens to get some great up close shots. I'd be happy to give you any copies of what I take.

I have a Nikon 70-300 VR lens, but if I were to want even greater zoom where would someone go to rent a lens? And how much does it cost? I think that I can get close enough and using the 300 lens I should be more than ok, but for future shuttle launches and all.....

Last edited:
Bon and I'll be there as we always are

I'll be in the Corvette Corral, will you? How about you Rich, gonna make it this year?

http://www.sebringraceway.com/
We'll be doing the Corral as well, not sure if I'm tea working this year, will have to wait and see.

Mean while doing the Daytona 24 for sure, and have for 40 straight years. Will not be doing Blackforest though. Never know until 24 hours before. Gotta check with Jimmy the Shoe.:thumbsup:
Spice

I have a Nikon 70-300 VR lens, but if I were to want even greater zoom where would someone go to rent a lens? And how much does it cost? I think that I can get close enough and using the 300 lens I should be more than ok, but for future shuttle launches and all.....

lensrentals.com is who I use as well.

The Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 ED AF VR

7 days $70.00
7 days insured $78.00
10 days $86.00
10 days insured $95.00
14 days $107.00
14 days insured $116.00
21 days $144.00
21 days insured $157.00
30 days $183.00
30 days insured $196.00

Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX HSM (No Stabilization on the Bigma)

7 days $57.00
7 days insured $67.00
10 days $71.00
10 days insured $81.00
14 days $86.00
14 days insured $97.00
21 days $116.00
21 days insured $127.00
30 days $155.00
30 days insured $167.00

And $30.00 shipping (covers UPS/FedEx ground both ways).

Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX HSM (No Stabilization on the Bigma)
10 days insured $81.00

Man, that's a deal right there. I might even do that. Would make the sebring experience a whole new adventure. Going to wait to see if I get photo creds again this year. :thumbsup:

Can you effectively use something more than a 300 zoom? We can get right up to the wall so the zoom much beyond that seems excessive. Is there a benefit to having the 400 or 500 zoom?

Back