• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Carfax?

Shadow

If you have access, please PM me. I need a couple of vins before this afternoon. Trying to buy the daughter a car.

Thanks

Gordon

Gordon,

Email me the VINs you need checked and I'll send you the info via reply email. (rich@corvetteflorida.com).

:thumbsup: Actually I would like to set up some sort of CarFax pool here for just such incidents as this. All for our own personal uses, of course.

Rich Z said:
:thumbsup: Actually I would like to set up some sort of CarFax pool here for just such incidents as this. All for our own personal uses, of course.

Rich, just sent you a PM! It acted a little funny when I hit the submit button so I hope you do not get it twice.

Thanks for the offer Rich:thumbsup: 86 beat ya to it;)

I'd like to publicly thank him for the assistance.

With his car fax, my physical inspection (crawled all through this mutha) and some other items that I can't list here, I think we got her a pretty decent ride. It's a 98 Volvo S70, pretty basic but less crap to break. Runs great, looks good, comfortable and most of all, safe for the daughter and grand daughter:thumbsup:

I think it'll be a good first car for her.

Thanks again guys:thumbsup:

Gordon

Grats Gordon..but (theres always a friggin but)

Make SURE the scheduled maintnance has been done, and will be done... I mean all the crap in the back of the owners manual that everyone ignores.

I have a friend who is a Volvo mechanic, at a large volvo dealer. I was going to get one for Jasmine, and his words were "Be careful, volvo's will run forver, as long as you do all the scheduled maintnance... it ALL HAS to be done, or you can expect it to have major problems"

Mekanic said:
Grats Gordon..but (theres always a friggin but)

Make SURE the scheduled maintnance has been done, and will be done... I mean all the crap in the back of the owners manual that everyone ignores.

I have a friend who is a Volvo mechanic, at a large volvo dealer. I was going to get one for Jasmine, and his words were "Be careful, volvo's will run forver, as long as you do all the scheduled maintnance... it ALL HAS to be done, or you can expect it to have major problems"

Thanks for the hint:thumbsup:

It all looks pretty good from here, but I'll check it again. The carfax came back clean and appears in order. I did a little something something that reveals a former elderly owner. Probably ok.

Back