• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Vette/Chevy Fest Oct. 28 Photoshow

:wavey: Thank You 2Vettes for those sweet Pics of what i missed.i glad your event turned out good.I just couldn't get going because of the rain.i was really impressed with your Photoshow:thumbsup:

Very nice job on the video...thanks for sharing....:thumbsup:

It was probably two or after before the weather finally started to look like it had cleared out for good....:mad: :mad:

Linda,

Nice photoshow as usual! But I did not see a picture of Robert's BG Vert or Carmen's EB Vert. OR did I just miss them in all of those shots?

Nice pics! I wish I could have gone. I was pre-registered. I backed out of the garage at 10 and it was still dumping and I just gave up and went to work

Rich427 said:
Linda,

Nice photoshow as usual! But I did not see a picture of Robert's BG Vert or Carmen's EB Vert. OR did I just miss them in all of those shots?
No, you didn't miss either of them. Robert didn't want to take the vert out after the rain, and I don't know why Carmen wan't there. I'll have to drop her a line.

2Vettes said:
No, you didn't miss either of them. Robert didn't want to take the vert out after the rain, and I don't know why Carmen wan't there. I'll have to drop her a line.

See, and you thought men didn't notice!

Sad day when our car is not even in any of the pictures, only all the cars that were winners prior to the trophies being handed out. Amazing enough, all the trophies that were handed out were basically CLUB CARS! No thank you for coming in the rain after we had cleaned our cars at least 6 times prior to the rain stopping, not even a sniff. Got 192 points as the judge supposedly found SAND on the driver's seat when the windows were closed 3/4 of the day. Needless to say, it was a very frustrating day, continuously cleaning, and not even a THANK YOU FOR COMING IN THE RAIN, NO DOOR PRIZES, OR GOODY BAGS like prior years.:shrug01: Sorry never again we will go to this show!!!

Red98Z
Sorry man, I honestly thought I took pictures of all the vettes there. I don't know which ones won, I left right after the 50/50. Knew my vette wouldn't win anything. I'm sorry you had a frustrating day and I guess I didn't make it any happier when I hadn't got a shot of your car.
Again, I'm sorry. :yesnod:

Wow! I didn't realize the purpose of going to a show was to try to win a prize! Hell, my car doesn't have a chance in hell of winning anything. Heck, I would prefer that it wasn't even JUDGED, because it will likely just make me feel bad. :itsok: With all the rock chips on the hood and the fact that I LIVE on a sandy road, which is exactly what my driveway is as well, there is no way to HELP having sand in every nook and crany in the car. Heck, I sometimes have to chase tree frogs and lizards off of it before I go somewhere.... :D

So heck, I'm planning to go just to GO...... If the judges put something like "WORSE OF SHOW" on my car, I may wind up shooting someone.... :lmao:

Well, I guess you had to be there to understand everything I said. The pictures were done 3 hours before the trophies were handed out. If the sponsoring club wants to have their cars receive trophies and no one else, then don't invite others to attend. For example, Class 1984-1996 was won by a 2000 and 2003 which were club cars. If you would see my car, I don't go to shows to loose. It takes about one week to get the vehicle in show standards.:shrug01: :dancer01: :wavey:

This was the 3rd year I have attended the Spooktacular Show and it will now be my last. I'm not crazy about attending shows at dealerships to begin with. I have yet to find a dealership that has friendly or knowledgeable staff. When we are invited to display ours cars at these dealerships we are doing them a favor. These dealership want to sell cars and having a beautiful display of Corvettes on their lot all day is good for business.

This years Spooktacular Show was the worst Corvette show I have ever attended and I have gone to plenty within this state. We were not welcomed to the show. Remember it was raining out. Most people will not take their Corvette out in the rain. So, those of us that did should have been given the red carpet when we arrived. Didn't happen. No goody bags. No door prizes. If fact, the silent auction was filled with door prizes they received for free at the Venice show. Now they want to sell them to us. And a note to the ladies who worked the cash table after the auction. There were 4 ladies at the table. 2 ladies working and 2 ladies sitting on their ass doing absolutly nothing. As I stood in your long line I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

My next problem is their club winning half the awards. Now I know they justify this by using Premium Productions but you don't invite people to your show and then give the awards out to your own members. Have your own show if you want to do that. Very tacky.

Lets talk about the awards. Cars were put in the wrong classes. Now I know we all make mistakes but this should have been caught before the awards were announced. Nope. "1st place 84-90 was a 1981" what???? How do you make mistakes like this? When the car was judged shouldn't the judge have noticed the C3 was in a C4 catagory? Shouldn't the ballot officials noticed the problem? Shouldn't the announcer have noticed before reading the script? This happened over and over. I thought I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone for Corvette shows.

Like I said before this was my last time attending the Spooktacular show. And those really cute trophies they have had in the past were replaced with a far cheaper trophy. Sorry guys you really blew it. Attend some quality shows and take note how they are done. Otherwise get out of the show car business.

Rich Z said:
Wow! I didn't realize the purpose of going to a show was to try to win a prize! Hell, my car doesn't have a chance in hell of winning anything. Heck, I would prefer that it wasn't even JUDGED, because it will likely just make me feel bad. :itsok: With all the rock chips on the hood and the fact that I LIVE on a sandy road, which is exactly what my driveway is as well, there is no way to HELP having sand in every nook and crany in the car. Heck, I sometimes have to chase tree frogs and lizards off of it before I go somewhere.... :D

So heck, I'm planning to go just to GO...... If the judges put something like "WORSE OF SHOW" on my car, I may wind up shooting someone.... :lmao:

Some people go to shows simply for the enjoyment of attending the shows.

Some people take weeks to get over it if they don't win a trophy.

And then there's everyone in between.

As far as the "constructive criticisms" goes, perhaps alternative suggestions might be offered up rather than being so harsh on people who at least tried to put on a Corvette Event. Every event is bound to have growing pains and for as long as this show has been going on, yes you'd think by now that some of the problems mentioned would have been taken care of. If they were really trying to auction off previously won door prizes, well that is a bit cheesey. I just think that suggestions can be offered without being quite so hard on those who were involved in trying to put on this event. Just my one cent.

Last edited:
It was not perfect but so is life - I will be back rain or shine next year for the fun of it. :dancer01:

This posting is for Linda. We do want to apologize if you took our comments to heart. Some of us do go to car shows to win a trophy and also have fun meeting new people plus seeing all the different versions of Vettes. All we wanted to do was voice a different opinion because it was supposed to be a judged show. You have to understand when a class is for a C4 and won by two C5's there is definitely something wrong with that picture. We have attended that show for 2 years going and always walked out with a trophy in first place. The shows in the past have also been judged by Premier. Unfortunately, for the category that we are now in, there was no trophy for that which is C6.:dancer01:

RED98Z said:
This posting is for Linda. We do want to apologize if you took our comments to heart. Some of us do go to car shows to win a trophy and also have fun meeting new people plus seeing all the different versions of Vettes. All we wanted to do was voice a different opinion because it was supposed to be a judged show. You have to understand when a class is for a C4 and won by two C5's there is definitely something wrong with that picture. We have attended that show for 2 years going and always walked out with a trophy in first place. The shows in the past have also been judged by Premier. Unfortunately, for the category that we are now in, there was no trophy for that which is C6.:dancer01:

Personally, I respect and more importantly, appreciate the time you put into your car for shows. I'm sure your car reflects, as it will years down the road, the care you put into your ride...:thumbsup:

All you did was offer an opinion which is something all of us are entitled to do, an opinion I pretty much agree with....

Just gotta take judging with a grain of salt...:shrug01:

Back