The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road Outside of Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road Outside of Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences while travelling outside of Florida.

Unread 11-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanksgiving Road Trip

Had a great drive from Tampa to Newton, TX yesterday. The vette ran GREAT and I got a decent 26 mpg average...and that's with the headlights up. I usually lose about 1.5-2mpg depending on wind direction with the lights up. Arrived at 3:00am central time. Just over 13hrs. Sure felt like we made better time, but a stop at a Hardees took WAY too long...but the food was worth the wait. Developed a horrible rattle under the dash. Man is it annoying but it only comes out while riding over really rough road surfaces. Well, next up is San Antonio, TX on Monday. Then on Friday I go skydiving with my in-laws, and head to New Orleans for the night. Then back home on Saturday. Will post pics if I get the chance...man I love the new MacBook and wi-fi.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you are having a good time on a great trip.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Stay safe.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Chillin' in New Orleans tonight. So far we've had great luck with the car. Just a little hiccup in San Antonio this morning when the Radiator Cap went out and starting dumping coolant out. Luckily we were right next to a gas station to fill up with water and just two blocks from an auto store (thanks to the iPhone we found one while filling with water). Replaced the cap and headed to San Marcos to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Got an AMAZING 29.9 mpg on the trip (average speed of just over 60mph). Got 28.7 to New Orleans from San Marcos. This dude is driving like a dream. Not to bad for a 15 year old sports car with an automatic. Boy do I ever wish even more that I had six speeds to play with. I'd probably have a car with three times the HP with the same gas mileage as my wife's hyundai. Well, will be back in town tomorrow night. Man these trips go by WAY too fast. Back to work on monday.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote