The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-08-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
pjac5vette

Name : Philip J. Adams
pjac5vette is on a distinguished road
Default removable roof weatherstrip issue!!

Has anyone recently purchased new GM weatherstrip for the removable roof on a C5 coupe? I purchased the real GM weatherstrip for the passenger side from one chevy dealer on ebay and the driver side from a different dealer. The part # for driver side is 10313370. This arrived and had about six holes in the rubber in the part that is inside the car. The passenger side has no holes. When I contacted the dealer that sold me the driver side strip, I was informed that according to GM the part is correct. I put the part on the car and water started leaking out of the holes into the interior of the car during the first rain storm. When you are sitting in the driver seat and look up at the weatherstip you can see about six holes. Does not look right!! Any ideas?? thanks.
pjac5vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Unless the holes are for mounting, I sure wouldn't want any holes in any sort of SEAL. Maybe one of GM's Chinese suppliers screwed up?
Unread 08-09-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
pjac5vette

Name : Philip J. Adams
pjac5vette is on a distinguished road
Default weatherstrip

Hi Rich, I thought the same thing but the parts guy at the chevy dealer states GM says its the correct part. I thought it was a demo piece to show how the weatherstip is made. I guess I need to smother the thing with 3M glue when I put the new one on. Or fill the holes in the one already on the car with black silicone. Not sure what I am going to do yet. Anyway the design I is flawed. Don't think there should be six holes in the rubber part that is inside the car.
pjac5vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

If it were me, I would be looking for confirmation from another source of those weather strips. Like from Eckler's or Mid America Motorworks. The weatherstrip is supposed to be a SEAL, which implies that it is to keep out water. Holes in a seal kind of defeat that purpose, I would think. I'm sure it wasn't cheap, so having to fill up the holes with silicone or something to make the weatherstrip able to do what you bought it for just seems odd.