The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 06-16-2022, 07:14 AM   #1011
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzee View Post
Seems a lot of people that live in west central are thinking about heading north. Rich gave me a heads up about country living, not sure where the best place may be.
It is never going to rain in Pinellas.
This area never gets much rain anymore. Now that we have a west flow most of the summer anyone living 2 miles from the gulf almost never gets anything as showers build up east of us and move away toward the east coast. Our winters see less and less rain as we don't get as many fronts anymore and i would plan on it being 80-s 90's year round within 30 years at the rate of the heating.

I hate our weather most of the year. I want my cold winters back like we saw in the 1980's.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #1012
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck when Connie and I first moved down here we would sometimes get lows in the low 20s and even into the teens. Not any more. And this whole area was under a severe drought condition. Which was kind of cool, because all the swampy areas were high and dry with really cool looking cypress trees and their knees sticking out of the sand. That has changed, too.

So for me, right here, things seem to be getting better, weather wise. Warmer winters, and wetter years, all in all. Of course, skeeters can be a problem, but even they haven't been as bad as we saw here 15 or so years ago. I remember having mosquito magnets out and filling up a 5 gallon bucket three quarters full with dead mosquitoes caught in those traps. There would be clouds of mosquitoes completely surrounding all of those traps. We don't see that any more, neither (thank God!).

So maybe just the little niche Connie and I live in, but all in all, this area seems to be improving. Of course, other people might be seeing that too, as there is development going on throughout the county. Our 50 acres can only shield us from so much, I guess.
Unread 06-16-2022, 06:52 PM   #1013
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Heck when Connie and I first moved down here we would sometimes get lows in the low 20s and even into the teens. Not any more. And this whole area was under a severe drought condition. Which was kind of cool, because all the swampy areas were high and dry with really cool looking cypress trees and their knees sticking out of the sand. That has changed, too.

So for me, right here, things seem to be getting better, weather wise. Warmer winters, and wetter years, all in all. Of course, skeeters can be a problem, but even they haven't been as bad as we saw here 15 or so years ago. I remember having mosquito magnets out and filling up a 5 gallon bucket three quarters full with dead mosquitoes caught in those traps. There would be clouds of mosquitoes completely surrounding all of those traps. We don't see that any more, neither (thank God!).

So maybe just the little niche Connie and I live in, but all in all, this area seems to be improving. Of course, other people might be seeing that too, as there is development going on throughout the county. Our 50 acres can only shield us from so much, I guess.
Tampa saw lows of 19f to 24f year after year in the 1980's.
Unread 06-23-2022, 07:40 PM   #1014
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Still no real rain in about 2 weeks.
Unread 06-24-2022, 12:02 PM   #1015
Rich Z

Yeah, been dry here too. But the forecast is showing a good chance of rain here over the next several days. With this heat, though, we might only get steam.
Unread 06-25-2022, 10:24 PM   #1016
Rich Z

Got some rain today! 3.27 inches worth.
Unread 06-26-2022, 06:37 AM   #1017
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Can't buy a drop. Not even close to 3" since Apr.
Unread 06-26-2022, 08:43 AM   #1018
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Got some rain today! 3.27 inches worth.
Yeah, we needed that. Pretty crispy up here. The airport in Tallahassee got over 3 inches in one hour!
Unread 06-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #1019
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Lived in this hell hole since 04 when i moved from Tampa and think i have had 4 wet summers out of 18. It just don't rain here.
Unread 06-26-2022, 05:43 PM   #1020
Rich Z

This area of Wakulla County I live in used to be farmland, according to some locals we talked to. I think the lack of rain here in the Spring, when farmers need it the most, is what chased them out of here.

Then tropical storms would bring it in by the buckets full.

Getting 10 inches of rain a month looks good on paper until you find out that it came all in one day.