The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 12-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #1
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road
Default Reports from carfax...

Running a few vin's through carfax and was wondering, what exactly shows up on a carfax? Example, if someone took in a car to check out a leak from a vert top and no work was performed, would that show up? Is it only reported if work was done or even just inspected?

From all the things i have read about things that go wrong on the C5, i have yet to find anything on any car i have got a report on...

Just seems strange to me.
chris308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308
Running a few vin's through carfax and was wondering, what exactly shows up on a carfax? Example, if someone took in a car to check out a leak from a vert top and no work was performed, would that show up? Is it only reported if work was done or even just inspected?

From all the things i have read about things that go wrong on the C5, i have yet to find anything on any car i have got a report on...

Just seems strange to me.
neither. Carfax shows you incidents where an insurance claim was filed.
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

that doesnt make sense, since several reports i have show the the cars being serviced at chevrolet dealers, by the mileage difference probably for oil changes. It also shows the cars being titled and transferrred in the state that its being sold in.... there was one vehicle that was repaired some kind of exhaust work. Also one that listed a collision repair at a collision facility.

From all the posts i have read about peoples C5's having to go to the dealer over and over again, and not alot reported in these reports, just got me curious.

Thanks all for the help, it looks like i may finalize dealings on "the one" by monday!!
chris308 is offline   Reply With Quote