• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

STS Turbo Corvette on 2 Guys Garage

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Convertible Z06?

Anyway, shows a lot of details about the STS install.

Funny they said right off the bat it was 405hp. Even at the wheels it is more than that. I love the setup though. Our fabricator at S&R Performance has said he wants to do that type of setup on my car but I think I will wait awhile.

It looks like the mufflers are eliminated when the turbo system is installed.
Is that right Rich ?????? Does your C5Z still have the mufflers, or are they G-O-N-E ?
Andy :wavey:

It looks like the mufflers are eliminated when the turbo system is installed.
Is that right Rich ?????? Does your C5Z still have the mufflers, or are they G-O-N-E ?
Andy :wavey:

That is exactly it. Two exhaust tips come right off the turbine side of the turbos and the other two pipes come off the wastegates. No mufflers. The turbos quite it down a lot.

Very cool setup!

That is correct. The turbos replace the catback part of the exhaust system. It gives the car a quite distinctive and aggressive sound.

It is loud, but you get used to it.....

With the LS6, I was getting around 530hp at the rear wheels. But I was using smaller turbo housings to get the spool up quicker. I don't know what results I will be getting with the new 427 engine and larger turbo housings that are now on it. Hopefully I'll find out next week.

Just for reference, if you want to get an idea of what that exhaust system sounds like INSIDE of the car, the first part of this video will give you a taste of that...

Thanks please keep me updated. What turbos did you go with.

Beats the heck out of me. My old ones got sent to Aaron Scott's turbo guy in Arizona and he rebuilt them. Also replaced the intake and exhaust housings with ones that are appropriate for my new engine. Aaron might have told me what those housings are, but darn if I can remember.

Thanks STS says 600hp at 6psi. If they redid you turbos bigger than STS you should get better than that.

I also am having the LS6 replaced with a custom 427 engine. That saga is related here -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44697, in case you missed it.

The turbos are going to be set at 10 psi. According to Bryan at LME (the guy who built the engine), the engine itself is capable of handling 25 psi of forced induction.

The 427 engine itself it likely putting out 600 horsepower at the crank.

I guess I'll know the final figures at the rear wheels this upcoming week if nothing else blows up or breaks on this thing.

I can't wait!! I'm sure you can't either.:yesnod:

Been waiting so long that the excitement just isn't there any longer. It's like trying to smile for hours on end. Eventually your face hurts and the "smile" becomes a trial of endurance....

Back