The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 03-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
tblt44
1995 vette Black on Black

Name :
tblt44 has disabled reputation

[quote=gmjunkie;110721]Not removing the old filter seal can certainly let it suck air and cause the problem your having!! Kick me in the arse, I sent a employee packing over that seal a couple years ago and should have remembered!!!! It wasn't so much over the seal as it was that (he was on Thin Ice anyway) he lied to me and said that he distinctly remembered removing the old seal,but couldn't find it in the drain pan!! So I got under there to check things out and found 3 bolts twisted off in the pan with the heads RTV'd in place so it looked like they were there,I went "Super Sonic Ballistic"!!

Thats why I do my own work.
If I screw things up I can only kick myself