The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 06-11-2022, 06:19 AM   #1001
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

1" at 3 am this morning.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2022, 11:16 PM   #1002
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

1.01 inches of rain today.
Unread 06-14-2022, 06:45 AM   #1003
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Gonna be dry here for days. This area of FL gets the least amount of rain in the summer. Sure ready to sell and get out. If i knew housing was gonna crash like it did in 08 i would sell now and rent a while and buy cheap.
Unread 06-14-2022, 10:05 AM   #1004
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Glades county around 20 miles from anyone. Main reason Job.
What kind of work do you do?
Unread 06-14-2022, 10:16 AM   #1005
Rich Z

Quote:
Gonna be dry here for days. This area of FL gets the least amount of rain in the summer. Sure ready to sell and get out. If i knew housing was gonna crash like it did in 08 i would sell now and rent a while and buy cheap.
It is like a roller coaster. Inflation is surely going to push prices way out of reach of most buyers, and the real estate business cannot survive without sales commissions. And sellers normally have a reason for selling, often one that is non-negotiable. Divorce, lost job for one or both wage earners, etc. Often they just NEED to unload that mortgage on their shoulders, even if it means just walking away from the house they are paying on.

The Biden (and democrat friends) brain dead guidance to the economy is sinking this country pretty quickly. The country just cannot survive with the amount of debt it has and is adding to every year. Government IOUs (money) will become worthless, as has happened to other countries in the past. You just cannot just keep on printing up money to pay the bills like there is no tomorrow. Any country that converts from a gold to fiat economy is writing it's own obituary on their gravestone. It is great for the government to be able to print money at will, but terrible for the citizens of that country because they are the ones who ultimately have the check left on their side of the table as the government exits the table.

When will people learn that the only way the democrats can run a country is into the ground?
Unread 06-14-2022, 06:34 PM   #1006
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sure ready to sell and get out. If i knew housing was gonna crash like it did in 08 i would sell now and rent a while and buy cheap.
We bought an RV and lived in it for a few years until we found what we were looking for. That might be an option worth looking into. That way you could get a good price for your house while the market is hot.
Unread 06-14-2022, 11:17 PM   #1007
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
We bought an RV and lived in it for a few years until we found what we were looking for. That might be an option worth looking into. That way you could get a good price for your house while the market is hot.
I remember reading not that long ago that RVs were VERY hot commodities because of COVID. People wanted to travel but didn't want to be staying in motels and hotels where who knows who was staying in that same room just the night before. People were saying that even though sellers had RVs on the lots, they were all pre-sold, just waiting for owners to pick them up.

Of course, things might have cooled down by now, but I would guess that eventually the used RV market is going to be flooded.

As for rain, we got 0.65" here today.

Yellow flies seem to be on the way out. But I think skeeters may be on the way in.
Unread 06-15-2022, 07:17 AM   #1008
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
What kind of work do you do?
Contract work for myself. Would love to live up where you do or anyplace out of the way with little people or traffic. I knew it was gonna be another dry summer for me.
Unread 06-15-2022, 05:06 PM   #1009
Rich Z

Quote:
Contract work for myself. Would love to live up where you do or anyplace out of the way with little people or traffic. I knew it was gonna be another dry summer for me.
Seems to me that with that sort of work, you really could live where ever you want to. Unless that contract work needs supplies that are hard to come by, or something else about it limits the area you need to live in or near.

When I decided to move down to Florida, I had the reptile breeding business. I needed to have access to shipping so I could deliver what I sold to remote buyers. I also had to start up my own mouse breeding colony because the person that was breeding mice in Maryland that I used as a source, wasn't moving with me. That in itself was a major headache. Then I needed all sorts of supplies that were pretty specific in nature. I moved down here by myself while Connie remained up in Maryland so we would have one income while I tried to get things established down here. I had to have a full time job, since the reptile business was nowhere near close to being able to earn enough income. Eventually, yeah, but it took a while.

I guess my point is that you can probably move where ever you really want to. Might be a struggle, but if it's what you REALLY want to do, you can probably make it work.
Unread 06-15-2022, 10:17 PM   #1010
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

Seems a lot of people that live in west central are thinking about heading north. Rich gave me a heads up about country living, not sure where the best place may be.
It is never going to rain in Pinellas.
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote