The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 11-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Angry I Got Lost at the UCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
Where can the spectators park?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
We have space available behind registration at Harley-Davidson Building Parking lot. Come in registration entrance and go straight ahead back to HD dealership...We will direct you!!!!
Jim
I checked Friday the Harley shops address 9841 ''Adamo Drive (Hwy 60)''

When I got in the registration line, I asked about this (Harley Shop Parking) and what a question to ask. All I can say, things started going downhill from this point . I was told I didn't know what I was talking about and ... . I was informed all spectator parking was off Ware St., like I really know where that is.
I pulled out of line headed back the way I came in with the group, figuring it had to be around there. I saw a sign that said event parking, I turned and saw a guy unloading a C3 and pulled in. I talked to another guy in uniform, my next mistake, he said no parking in this area . I had to ask about all the other vehicles parked along the road. I was told hey weren't any of my concern and again told parking was off Ware St. I asked where I was now, he replied on Luna something, just off of Ware St, but not the right spot to park. I drove back and looked at the cluster of parking signs, they pointed in 3 directions. I was now over mile or away from where I pulled out of line. I knew where Adamo Dr was and I knew where I-75 was...

Last edited by C5Rick; 11-17-2007 at 04:59 PM.
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Rick, I didnt see you and Vicki!!! i knew something was up

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Similar thing happened to one of my friends. He followed the spectator signs and then found he could not park where they led. The people there sent him back out and when he talked to a guy in uniform he told him to go follow the signs to spectator parking Anyway, he ended up parking on some road behind the food tent....
Unread 11-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
VertC5
VertC5

Name :
VertC5 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes View Post
Similar thing happened to one of my friends. He followed the spectator signs and then found he could not park where they led. The people there sent him back out and when he talked to a guy in uniform he told him to go follow the signs to spectator parking Anyway, he ended up parking on some road behind the food tent....
This also happened to me a year or two ago. I was told to park in Bank parking lot and a sign even pointed there. A bit afterwards, the band announced for anyone in Bank parking lot to move or get towed.

Seems that the organizers have not quite worked out spectator parking yet.

Roy
VertC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

A minor but very annoying bug in the ointment Looks like a problem they need to solve for sure in next years event

Missed ya bro Wondered where you went?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Sorry you had such a hassle Rick. I wondered what happened to you.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #7
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Rick...Now wouldn't it have been much easier to pay the money and register, then you could have just followed us in and parked and enjoyed the day ?

We brought Salsa and Chips, Ken and Carrie won, I got Andy Pilgrims autograph.....,
need I say more...?
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #8
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
Rick...Now wouldn't it have been much easier to pay the money and register
Well... money's a little tight right now.
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #9
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking After the UCP

GANG:

Want to thank all of you that came to the "Ultimate Corvette Party" yesterday and hope you all had a good time. We admit parking has always been a problem at the show for the public. We have tried and tried everything and nothing seems to work. The Police yesterday gave wrong directions to people. Our signage was some what confusing, but for those of you that have been to the show for a few years, know we are improving every year.

We at TBV meet next month and discuss our concerns, and then work on them for the following year. I was there a 4:30am and til 6:00pm and talked to as many people as I could for input and I know I had alot of good response came that we have improved. I promise TBV will work on the public parking for next year as an issue. The photo guy also slowed down things a tat in the morning, but all of you were very patient and we really appreciated that.

The vendors loved and praised our new location for them. Food tent "went faster than last year and Show parking went generaly smooth. Again, thank you for coming and if you had any concerns, PM me and I will add to our list for next year. (Give us your concerns and possible solutions).

For the record, we estimated 410 car in the show, 25 more with vendor Corvettes and Police guessed at 500 spectators.

WE WILL BE BIGGER AND BETTER NEXT YEAR"

Thank You:

JIM
Mike Dye- TBV President
Tommy Farruggio-TBV/UCP Coordinator
and Staff of 50 worker Bees
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
GANG:

Want to thank all of you that came to the "Ultimate Corvette Party" yesterday and hope you all had a good time. We admit parking has always been a problem at the show for the public. We have tried and tried everything and nothing seems to work. The Police yesterday gave wrong directions to people. Our signage was some what confusing, but for those of you that have been to the show for a few years, know we are improving every year.

We at TBV meet next month and discuss our concerns, and then work on them for the following year. I was there a 4:30am and til 6:00pm and talked to as many people as I could for input and I know I had alot of good response came that we have improved. I promise TBV will work on the public parking for next year as an issue. The photo guy also slowed down things a tat in the morning, but all of you were very patient and we really appreciated that.

The vendors loved and praised our new location for them. Food tent "went faster than last year and Show parking went generaly smooth. Again, thank you for coming and if you had any concerns, PM me and I will add to our list for next year. (Give us your concerns and possible solutions).

For the record, we estimated 410 car in the show, 25 more with vendor Corvettes and Police guessed at 500 spectators.

WE WILL BE BIGGER AND BETTER NEXT YEAR"

Thank You:

JIM
Mike Dye- TBV President
Tommy Farruggio-TBV/UCP Coordinator
and Staff of 50 worker Bees

Jim, I'll give you a call next week and maybe we can sit down and discuss some parking plans. I've got some ideas from what Isaw yesterday, but can't really address them until I know what you have (property wise) to work with?

Overall it was a great time

I'm not a big race fan, but I got to meet Mr. Pilgrim AFTER the show closed. He actually took the time (on his way out the door no less!) to sign not only 2 race car posters for me, but also asked if I wanted my car picture signed?

He's a VERY personable guy

Met great folks, saw some sweet rides and next year, maybe I'll even get to spend some real time at the vendors tents!

Damn! I missed the salsa!

The picture guy slowed things a bit but it was worth it IMO!

You guys did an overall great job.

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote