The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Cape Kennedy Corvette Club

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Cape Kennedy Corvette Club The purpose of the club is to promote Corvettes, and to provide friendship with other Corvette owners in and around the State of Florida. We sponsor and promote rallies, autocross, civic and charitable activities and scholarships, car shows and caravans. To have owned a Corvette is our cause to exist!

Unread 03-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default STS 119 launch

The launch of the Space Shuttle Discovery is set for this evening, 11 March, 2009, at approx 2120 hours, or 9:20 pm EST. This is the 125th Shuttle launch since program inception.

If you decide to ride over here and view the launch, parking in Ecklers parking lot might not be a bad idea...its 3.5 miles east of SR528 and I-95 and about 16 or 17 miles from the launch pad. Parking at Ecklers will be giving you closer, and quicker, access back to the roads to go home on.
Attached Images

vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Last I heard they scrubbed it over a fueling problem? I didn't pay attention after that.

Did it go?

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
vettejack

Default STS 119

STS-119
Orbiter: OV-103 / ET-127 / BI-135 / RSRM-103 (PAD A)
• A Scrub was called at 1432 EDT due to a GH2 leak at the Ground Umbilical Carrier Panel (GUCP) external to the External Tank (ET).
• Next Launch attempt will be no earlier than Sunday, March 15th.
• S0007.300: Launch Countdown
o No PRSD Offload.
o RSS Mate complete at 2305 EDT.
o ET LH2 Boil-off in work.
o LO2 and LH2 TSM Mechanical Carrier Plate Securing are complete.
o Triple flip access to the port side has been restored.
• New IPR 119V-0070, resulting in launch scrub: During LH2 ET tank transition from fast fill to topping a leak was detected by both LH2 leak detectors at the GUCP.

Tank fill was stopped and the vent valve was cycled to try to eliminate the leak with no success.

The line was purged with helium to reduce the concentration of Hydrogen. Following this, the valve was cycled with hydrogen and the concentration increased confirming the leak was still present.

This IPR will be transferred to ET Mechanical Engineering for further disposition. Troubleshooting will begin this afternoon when boil-off is complete and the area is cleared for access.
Unread 03-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
STS-119
Orbiter: OV-103 / ET-127 / BI-135 / RSRM-103 (PAD A)
• A Scrub was called at 1432 EDT due to a GH2 leak at the Ground Umbilical Carrier Panel (GUCP) external to the External Tank (ET).
• Next Launch attempt will be no earlier than Sunday, March 15th.
• S0007.300: Launch Countdown
o No PRSD Offload.
o RSS Mate complete at 2305 EDT.
o ET LH2 Boil-off in work.
o LO2 and LH2 TSM Mechanical Carrier Plate Securing are complete.
o Triple flip access to the port side has been restored.
• New IPR 119V-0070, resulting in launch scrub: During LH2 ET tank transition from fast fill to topping a leak was detected by both LH2 leak detectors at the GUCP.

Tank fill was stopped and the vent valve was cycled to try to eliminate the leak with no success.

The line was purged with helium to reduce the concentration of Hydrogen. Following this, the valve was cycled with hydrogen and the concentration increased confirming the leak was still present.

This IPR will be transferred to ET Mechanical Engineering for further disposition. Troubleshooting will begin this afternoon when boil-off is complete and the area is cleared for access.
Are you sure? I know your in the know as far as NASA goes but I read they may try Thurs and Fri to get it off the ground. I was planning to drive over to see it in person since I have only seen it from across the state. I was going to try and gett off work but Sunday works great for me to see it. I may have missed it in your post but what is the possible launch time Sunday?
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Disregard my last. I followed your lead and found this link saying it will be Sunday night at 7:43 pm at the earliest.

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/events-launches.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kennedy Space Center website
Experience one of the most stunning and dramatic events on Earth: a live NASA launch. From a space shuttle launch to the thunderous ascent of massive rockets carrying satellites, Martian rovers and planetary explorers, there's always a mission in the works at America's busiest rocket and space shuttle launch facility.

For more information, please visit the official NASA Kennedy Space Center space shuttle launch schedule and the official Patrick Air Force Base website for Cape Canaveral Air Force Station rocket launch information.

Want to get the latest on upcoming launches? Sign up today and we'll send you free e-mail updates on future launches.

View Space Shuttle Launch schedule

View Rocket Launch schedule

STS-119 Space Shuttle Discovery launch information
New target launch date: no earlier than Sunday, March 15 at 7:43 p.m.
Check back for more information on Visitor Complex launch day operations. Launch time and date are subject to change.

This space shuttle launch schedule is unofficial and contains updates from several Websites for rocket and space shuttle launches from Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Launch schedules are updated several times a day.
Unread 03-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #6
vettejack

Default STS 119

The STS-119 target launch date has been set for Sunday, March 15th at 1938L (7:38 pm EST), with options for both Monday and Tuesday attempts if needed.
Unread 03-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
The STS-119 target launch date has been set for Sunday, March 15th at 1938L (7:38 pm EST), with options for both Monday and Tuesday attempts if needed.

I hope not. I really want to see one up close and the more they delay it the more likely I will miss it.....