The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Corvette (and more!) Videos

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvette (and more!) Videos How about a section for Corvette video eye candy? Anything else of interest in video form can be posted here.

Unread 03-19-2023, 08:15 PM   #11
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Key word. Legitimate.....

Not sure what went wrong with the video. It was an engineer pointing out how the EV's are/will be destroying the planet and that by 2030 there will be a vast wasteland of non-recyclable batteries.
Unread 03-19-2023, 09:09 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think the URL was copied wrong.

When you see those "..." in a URL it normally means it was truncated for viewability and is not the actual URL itself. So there are one or more characters missing from that URL you cut and pasted.
Unread 03-19-2023, 09:47 PM   #13
85vette

Name :

Crazy! I can see it on the other site but when I post it here, it's gone. Uhh!

https://www.tiktok.com/@rodney_you_p...61480062553350

Let's see if this works.....
Unread 03-20-2023, 01:15 AM   #14
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Crazy! I can see it on the other site but when I post it here, it's gone. Uhh!

https://www.tiktok.com/@rodney_you_p...61480062553350

Let's see if this works.....
Yeah, that one works. Not a lot of surprises there, though. Just the fact that if we get pushed to all EV, China will have us even more by the short hairs. Imagine if they were to get pissed at us and said "No more batteries for you!" By then all of the gasoline stations would have gone away because no one was buying their products. So transportation would grind to a halt as the batteries died and could not be replaced. Heck, for that matter, China could shut us down right now simply by ceasing from selling us anything.

Trying to find anything that isn't "Made in China" is real tough to do. Matter of fact, Ebay has pretty much been taken over by China. So much so that they forced Ebay (IMHO) to stop displaying where the seller's account was registered from. Used to be, yeah, they would tell you that the ITEM was located, but you could also check on the seller to see where THEY were located when they registered the account. I guess the Chinese didn't like that much.

Just like the Chinese didn't like it when the USA passed a law stating that the country of origin for food items must be displayed on the packaging. China got that killed REAL QUICK.

And who knows how deeply China has it's hooks in our "representatives" in Congress? We are being conquered by the Chinese while we are sleeping. IMHO.
Unread 03-20-2023, 07:23 AM   #15
85vette

Name :

Heck, they already own all the chip making facilities for the computers in our cars. And for some reason we can't seem to be able to build those here in America! Sounds like there is something political about that too.
Unread 03-21-2023, 01:05 AM   #16
Rich Z

Some interesting info about the C8 Z06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7JffXZ1DI
Unread 03-21-2023, 11:11 AM   #17
85vette

Name :

They have priced all the performance cars out of my price range. I decided long ago to never buy new. I’ve had pretty good luck being selective and working for car dealers off and on since 1975 gave me the insight as to how dealers function. When I say they are out my price range, really I just mean that I’m not going to pay that kind of money only to have depreciation wipe out $20K or more when it rolls off the car lot. We’re making a couple hundred thousand a year now but cars are not that high of a priority. I mean I bought my wife an Escalade last year but we didn’t pay $80-$100K for it. She always liked the Suburbans we had when the kids were growing up and now she has something nice to haul the grandkids around in. Car prices have gotten ridiculous. But then again, so has everything.
Unread 03-21-2023, 02:19 PM   #18
Rich Z

Well, one good thing about the push towards ALL electric vehicles is that it will certainly take the thought of me ever buying a new vehicle again right off the table. Of course, if they deep six the oil companies and gasoline goes the way of the dinosaurs, then there goes the used car market with gasoline powered vehicles too. Personally, buying a used EV and running a risk of an imminent expensive battery replacement will pretty much got the market for ANY used vehicles at all.

So why is the government trying to eliminate the personal freedom of personal owned vehicles that can travel basically as far as we want to go?

But something is afoot. And they are using all kinds of excuses to try to herd us there.

Yeah, we are being herded towards a "green" world. Green from mold and decay, I would imagine.

And remember that the Second Amendment is the canary in the coal mine.
Unread 03-21-2023, 05:08 PM   #19
Rich Z

I was watching one video last night where they were saying that dropping the engine out of a C8 is rated a 24 hour shop labor job. I am sure that shop hourly charges are more than the $110 per hour last time I had work done in a Chevy dealership service department.

I think a lot of people will be selling these things the moment they go out of warranty.

Oh yeah, if you want to get a 2023 Corvette Z06, you are going to have to break into your piggy bank.

Quote:
The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 starts at $106,695 MSRP. The range-topping 3LZ convertible costs $127,545 MSRP.
And don't forget all the little incidentals like taxes, and other sundry fees.
Unread 03-21-2023, 07:51 PM   #20
85vette

Name :

Well if they're willing to spend this kind of money to get one.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/100k-m...-but-it-is-sad