• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

OIL COOLER

RushThruLife

Lemans Blue 05
I`m looking for a good quality oil cooler for my C-6. Any recommends?
I heard of a company out of Sarasota that has one, Something about Mongoose Corvette.
The oil temp is running around 225 to 235 and higher if I want to play a little. I`d like to see it drop.

Oil temps need to be at 220 or above to flash off un-burnned fuel & other contaminants. If it gets over 250, then conventional will start to breakdown & form sludge. M1 & other full synthetics are good to 300 & above. If you have a auto tranny, then that is where you need the cooler. Anything over 200-210 tranny fluid starts to break down & foam.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RevXtreme 1 said:
Oil temps need to be at 220 or above to flash off un-burnned fuel & other contaminants. If it gets over 250, then conventional will start to breakdown & form sludge. M1 & other full synthetics are good to 300 & above. If you have a auto tranny, then that is where you need the cooler. Anything over 200-210 tranny fluid starts to break down & foam.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thats good to know. Thanks

RevXtreme 1 said:

Will synthetics in the tranny help raise the bar on the temps?

Rich Z said:
Will synthetics in the tranny help raise the bar on the temps?

Yes it will....the Syn fluids are great for heat tolerance. We run 2 tranny coolers in series bypassing the radiator in our drag C5 and the temps never get over 180.:thumbsup:

Oil Cooler

Hi Rush,
We're using a system that incorporates a high capacity radiator...it works very good. We had a C5 383 Stroker that ran 225 up to 240 when in heavy traffic. After our system the car runs 180 to 190 all the time. Feel free to give me a call for the specifics! 941-322-0577.

Back