The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 03-13-2022, 12:11 PM   #61
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Our lemon and satsuma trees are both covered with blooms. It got to 29 here overnight so we'll see how that works out. Trees gotta be tough up here in Georgia!
Unread 03-13-2022, 12:35 PM   #62
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Satsumas are pretty tough, but new growth is a lot more sensitive to cold temps than the older hardened off leaves.

The weather station sensor is saying it got down to 28.4 degrees in front of the garage. It was 31.8 degrees at that sensor when I went to bed at 4:30 am. The other sensors on the front porch of the house are saying it got down to 33.3 degrees. Still only 51 degrees outside now, and they are calling for a low of 37 degrees (yet are calling for scattered frost) overnight tonight. I thought temps had to get down to at least 32 degrees before frost would form?

Hopefully the fruit trees pulled through OK. Might not know for sure for several days, though.
Unread 03-13-2022, 05:30 PM   #63
Rich Z

Connie and I took a walk around and looked at the fruit trees. Basically undamaged except for a couple of instances where it looks like a cold finger was placed in the tree against a new growth here and there. The rest of the tree around those spots looked just fine. Maybe those damaged sprouts will bounce back. We'll know in a few days, I guess.
Unread 03-13-2022, 09:31 PM   #64
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

just got a freeze warning on my phone up here, supposed to be in the low 30's tonight. That's not a big deal.
Unread 03-14-2022, 07:55 PM   #65
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

40f Sun here. Only one day colder than that back in Jan. No temps below 35f in years.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2022, 12:53 PM   #66
Rich Z

Sometimes I think we should have moved further south when we were looking for land down here. But honestly, don't think we could have gotten nearly as much land as we did for the price. Not unless we wanted 100 percent swampland, anyway.