The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 12-08-2022, 07:16 PM   #1151
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
We are just getting fog, that seems to make everything rather moist lately. But no rain to speak of for the month.

Interesting website detailing the drought condition here:

https://www.weather.gov/tae/localdrought
I DON'T SEE HOW YOUR AREA HAS A DROUGHT. You have had about double the rain i have. I have had months with no rain at all.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2022, 01:52 AM   #1152
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, it IS the National Weather Service.

They are not known for their accuracy.
Unread 12-11-2022, 09:17 AM   #1153
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Lately the fog here in north Florida/SW Georgia has been heavy enough to stave off a drought.....just sayin
Unread 12-11-2022, 11:23 AM   #1154
Rich Z

We actually found two mosquitoes in the house yesterday that must have followed me in through the front door. So there must be enough moisture for them to be active. Odd that I didn't notice any buzzing me while I was working in the yard. Might have to crank up the mosquito magnets again.

I hope they aren't going to become a nuisance. Connie really enjoys the walks we have been taking around our path lately. That sure would put a damper on things, as I don't want her getting bitten by a mosquito while she is in chemo treatments and her immune system is depressed. She did get bitten by a tick a couple of weeks ago on her left side, and that did seem to heal up OK. But I noticed that she didn't get an inflamed area around it like she usually does with tick bites. Not sure is that is good news or bad news.
Unread 12-12-2022, 07:10 AM   #1155
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
We actually found two mosquitoes in the house yesterday that must have followed me in through the front door. So there must be enough moisture for them to be active. Odd that I didn't notice any buzzing me while I was working in the yard. Might have to crank up the mosquito magnets again.

I hope they aren't going to become a nuisance. Connie really enjoys the walks we have been taking around our path lately. That sure would put a damper on things, as I don't want her getting bitten by a mosquito while she is in chemo treatments and her immune system is depressed. She did get bitten by a tick a couple of weeks ago on her left side, and that did seem to heal up OK. But I noticed that she didn't get an inflamed area around it like she usually does with tick bites. Not sure is that is good news or bad news.
The way it has warmed up bugs will just get worse. Just gets hotter every year and less rain for my area .
Unread 12-15-2022, 11:43 AM   #1156
Rich Z

We got 1.69" of rain overnight. There was a tornado warning issued along with the storm front that passed through.
Unread 12-15-2022, 11:43 AM   #1157
Rich Z

We got 1.69" of rain overnight. There was a tornado watch issued along with the storm front that passed through.
Unread 12-15-2022, 06:50 PM   #1158
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

I beat you for once. Got around 2.4" in a hour. That bailed out this month. More than i got in all of June.
Unread 12-16-2022, 08:11 AM   #1159
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We got 1.69" of rain overnight. There was a tornado warning issued along with the storm front that passed through.
A tornado hit the house of a friend of ours in Sopchoppy Wednesday night. Wrecked their roof and scared them nearly to death but they're ok. Only about a mile from where we used to live!

It actually made the WCTV news!
Unread 12-16-2022, 11:04 AM   #1160
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
A tornado hit the house of a friend of ours in Sopchoppy Wednesday night. Wrecked their roof and scared them nearly to death but they're ok. Only about a mile from where we used to live!

It actually made the WCTV news!
Tornadoes are definitely a worrisome weather event. I thought they were normally mostly a Spring weather event, though. But I guess any time warm air from the Gulf heading north impacts a cold front heading south sets the stage for one or more to develop. They don't seem to be as powerful as those in the midwest, but even a small one could ruin someone's day.