The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 09-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Arrow Member WebSites (Just an Idea!)

Many of the current members of the Forum have web pages for there cars.

Does any member think we should have a "Member Web Page Listing" ????.

I can start with mine!!! (For Example)......I have been collecting Corvette Graphics for awhile and you can steal them off of my site for your website.

1. Show us your car.

2. Give us some history and modifications.

Stuff like that!!!

http://www.cegtampa.com/Corvette.html

JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Not being a computer guy, I don't know squat about bandwidth usage and this sort of thing, but if the site will support it, I like the idea
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I can certainly do that, and I don't really think it will add much as far as bandwidth is concerned. But let me run this by you....

When I was first contemplating setting up this site, I took a look around to see what was available to get an idea of what other people have done and to make sure I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes. The easiest way to do something like that is to seek out a "topsites" listing for the topic of interest. And honestly, I was surprised at the lack of a REAL topsites listing for Corvette sites. Oh there are a few, but they rely on a voting system for the ranking, which, in my opinion, is not the best way to do this. What people entering into one of these topsites generally want is a relative ranking based on VISITORS, to see how popular their site is with people coming to visit it. So, of course, in one of my weaker moments, I reserved the domain name CorvetteTopSites.com with the intentions of setting up one myself. But the busy season set in and I had to put it on the back burner.

To give you an idea of what a REAL topsites program looks like, take a look at this one I have running -> http://www.FaunaTopSites.com. That is not the actual script I will be using, but it gives you a feel for what it actually displays. It shows a relative ranking of all listed sites based on the number of raw hits per day and you can also see how many unique IP addresses (which normally relate to # of actual visitors) that each site gets.

I am actually using an older version of the topsites script I have in mind on one of my other sites at http://www.topgunsites.com, but it has some sort of script error that I just haven't taken the time to figure out yet. But it will give you a better idea of generally what the CorvetteTopSites will look like and the look and feel of it.

What this is beneficial for is to give you a ruler to measure how much traffic your site can bring in. This helps you if you do advertising or in other manners try to promote your site to see how effective such actions really are. If traffic is not increasing, well is what you doing really worth the effort and expense? Try something else and see how well that works if what you are now doing just isn't being effective.

Anyway, with my busy season winding down, I will be setting this up sometime in the near future. Now THIS script may certainly cause some bandwidth and loading problems for this server. So I may have to start beating the bushes for some advertisers and sponsors here to help foot the bill for another server so I can split off some of the load.

What do you think?
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Reply TO RichZ

YOUR IDEA'S ARE GOOD AND STRONG....I WAS THINKING MORE SIMPLISTIC WITH JUST A MEMBER FORUM PAGE....NO ADVERTISEMENTS..WE ALL LIKE TO POST PICTURES OF OUR CARS AND THIS WOULD ONLY BE A LINK PAGE. ALOT OF MEMBERS ARE NOT COMPUTER GEEKS AND THEY COULD USE LIKE: MYSPACE.COM FOR THERE STUFF AND JUST GIVE US A LINK. YOUR CALL ON ALL THIS.....JUST WANTED TO SEE IF THE GANG WOULD SUPPORT YOU!!
PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..........JIM
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good idea.
Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote