The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Possible funnel clouds?

I was just looking over one of my time lapse videos over the Gulf, when I noticed some odd vertical lines in front of the sun when it hit the horizon. This was the ONLY sunset I got when the sun was visible at the horizon line, btw. Every other day had dense clouds at the horizon line at that time.

So I tried taking a closer look via the video processing software to see if I could zoom in to see what the heck those lines were. Unfortunately I was using a wide angled lens AND time lapse, so that really put me at a disadvantage trying to zoom in and get a decent image. But darn if they don't look like funnel clouds to me. One right to the left of the sun when it first hits the horizon, then a second thinner one coming from the right, and finally a pretty big looking one right before the sun goes away.

Just my luck. I've been dying to get video of funnel clouds and this just really caught me with my pants down. I just wasn't expecting that, so I was completely unprepared with the correct lens in place. Rats.....

But here's the best I could do zooming into what I saw anyway.......

Unread 10-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

It sure looked like it to me Rich. I'm no meteorologist so I don't know what else could have accounted for the shapes I saw.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
rshelb7

Name :
rshelb7 has disabled reputation
Default Funnels

Nice video. It's hard to say for sure, but looks likely to be water spouts.
rshelb7 is offline   Reply With Quote