• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

memorial_day_md_wht.gif

Anyone doing anything special this weekend? The wife and I are thinking about running over to Apalachicola for the day on Saturday. Just wondering where the best "smoke free" areas are..........

Rich Z said:
Anyone doing anything special this weekend?
We're leaving Sunday night, heading for the Smokies and our first look at Deal's Gap. I know the date is not a great choice, but this is as much a reconnaissance mission as anything else.

We stay Sunday night in Gainesville, and then spend Memorial Day running up 75 through Georgia and thinking of those who made this all possible. We spend Monday night in Athens, TN, then Tuesday it's the Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, Foothills Parkway, Little River Road, down 441 through the park, then across the Blue Ridge Parkway to Waynesville for the night. It's only about 220 miles total, but that is going to be a long day. :D Wednesday we meander backroads down to Augusta, and then Thursday it's more back roads home. Exactly how we come back will be determined by the fires.

I wish we had a little more time, but the wife's work schedule makes getting away difficult. We plan to go back again later in the year.

We wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day. And a big THANK YOU!!! to all veterans, past and present. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you and I hope everyone else will do the same. :thumbsup:

Rich Z said:
Anyone doing anything special this weekend? ..........

Well, went up to Crystal River to Fort Island Park to support my son in his 1st Triathelon:thumbsup:

Tonight at 6 and tomorrow for 2 services, I'll be donning the old uniform and repping my former branch of service at Memorial Day services at my church. Been doing this every year for about 5 years.

The first time, I actually dieted down and got back in my dress blues:thumbsup:

From that point on, I said BDU's only!!!:rofl1: :rofl1:

Everyone enjoy the Memorial Day weekend, remember those who served and passed and please, my friends, if you're going to be on the road....Please...drive carefully:thumbsup:

Want to see everyone back here after the holiday:wavey: :wavey:

Happy Memorial Day..

prod_764_21604.gif

Have a GREAT Holiday everyone:dancer01: , and may God Bless all those who've served, past and present!!!

~Ray:thumbsup:

Howdy guys and gals..

Rich Z said:
Anyone doing anything special this weekend?

We're having a BBQ here at the house with Classy, Back yard Mechanic and their two boys today.:dancer01:
Wish more of ya's could have been here:D . (It's not like I advertised it though).

STAY SAFE!

~Ray

Back