Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Welcome Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Unread 06-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
Noximus03

Name :
Noximus03 is on a distinguished road

I do have one question about my choices of model. Don't mean to start a debate, or anything, but is there really much difference at all between the base model and the GS? Other than the price tag between the two, I'm not seeing too much. I don't plan on racing it, but I do plan on my Vette being a daily driver.
Noximus03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm afraid I won't be very much help with that question. Never looked into buying a GS myself. But what little I have noted, it seems like for the most part it's the standard coupe drivetrain with some Z06 body panels. Not really sure why GM did a kick to the balls of Z06 sales in that manner.
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #13
Noximus03

Name :
Noximus03 is on a distinguished road

So far, the only differences I've seen is the price tag and the body panels/badges. While I do like the look the panels give you, I'm not sure if they're worth the hike in $$. If there's any performance difference, I could see the value.
Noximus03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah... My opinion is that you should only pay extra for what you really want. Some of the decisions that GM has made really aren't very easy to figure out, but that doesn't mean you need to throw money at them anyway if you feel you aren't getting value for the options they are offering.

Personally, I found myself intrigued over the aluminum frame of the C6 Z06. Kind of silly, I know, but it is what it is. Well, that and the impressive low end torque that the LS7 can produce. But I flat out refused to buy a C6 without the custom leather interior. Truth of the matter is that, in my opinion, the interiors of the C6s were a step DOWN from that of the C5s. So if I couldn't have found the C6Z model with the options I was interested in with the leather interior option, I would have passed on buying one.

So figure out what is important to you, and just stick to your guns. You will want every aspect of the memory of the day the keys of your new car being handed to you to bring a smile to your face.