The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 08-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #1
Z06CutOff

Name :
Z06CutOff is on a distinguished road
Default Your Favorite Drives in Florida?

Lately I am enjoying the interstates super early in the morning on Sundays. Rt 1A is ok when it is not too crowded but this type of drive is more to relax... not so much to enjoy the performance of your car. I'm starting to adventure more into the areas near the everglades and am enjoying those drives a bit as well. Any suggestions for your favorite driving routes in S Florida? Thx.
Z06CutOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2022, 12:59 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, it has probably been at least 20 years since I was down in SE Florida. And I couldn't believe the amount of development that had taken place then. Hate to see what it is like now.

But I guess that is the case everywhere in Florida. Even up here there is development going on all of the time. At least there are still lots of wide open roads, though. But for how long, who knows?

How is the drive down to the Keys? I still remember the old narrow bridges when my parents used to take us kids to Florida on Vacation. Damn scary thing when you had a big truck running the opposite direction coming towards you. But I remember how startlingly blue the water was there. And canals in some of the Keys that had fish in them every color of the rainbow. Seemed like a magical place to a kid like me at the time.

Connie and I have been talking about a trip down the Keys sometime, but with the medical issues that cropped up this year (and the COVID crap), not sure if that will ever happen now.

Sorry I don't have much to offer you for suggestions, but the world is a different place now from when I was last in that area. Heck, even decades ago when I used to go to Miami to check out local pet shops looking for local corn snakes, I sometimes would walk into stores that no one (apparently) spoke English.
Unread 08-14-2022, 09:05 PM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Highway 98 between Tampa and Destin is very scenic compared to the interstates. It was a main highway back before Interstate 10 came along and then when the national speed limit was lowered to 55 mph by the Nixon administration it was a shorter route than taking I-10 to I-75. Slower speed limits but there is still a lot of the "old Florida" to see along the way.