The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #271
adam0321

Name : Adam S. Adam
adam0321 has disabled reputation

I was amazed that after speaking with a officer and telling them I had around $4-8,000 in merchandise removed they simply said it was not there problem. how do you go over there head?

I know in North Carolina a similar thing happened to me when I was doing construction and I went to the magistrates office and they issued a warrent for his arrest.. can florida really be that different??
adam0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #272
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

If enough people are willing to make waves, I think something can be done. The more people directly involved and WILLING to make waves the less likely it can just be ignored.

Perhaps INSISTING that they open an official complaint and not allowing yourself to be blown off without having a OFFICIAL record claiming damages stemming from alleged criminal activity will put them on notice that they can't just sweep complaints from citizens under the carpet.

I have sent an email to Sheriff Tatum today asking for a case number and disposition of the complaint I have filed with the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office. I will find it interesting if there is no OFFICIAL record of my own complaint that I filed.
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #273
adam0321

im on board
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #274
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
im on board
Everyone needs to take their own lead and not wait to follow someone else.
Unread 03-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #275
adam0321

i understand but you dont think our voice would be louder as a group?
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #276
Rich Z

Quote:
i understand but you dont think our voice would be louder as a group?
Sorry, but no. Someone would have to be the spokesperson for the group and that spokesperson is all they would focus on as being the source of the actual complaint. It needs to be a VOLUME of INDIVIDUAL complaints to show the SHEER BULK of damaged parties involved. With a group it will wind up as the leader doing all the work with everyone else just being "atta boy, you go get 'em!" cheerleaders in the background.

Of course, if your opinion is that I am incorrect in this assessment, then by all means take the bull by the horns and BE that spokesperson. It didn't seem to work well for me when I tried it. The majority of the people involved just seemed disinclined to pursue this matter once the CCSO brushed them off.

Oh, while I am thinking about it, it may be worth your while to reduce the claim of $8,000 in damages to $5,000 and simply go for a civil action in small claims court. No attorney is likely to take this sort of case on a contingency basis, so the money you would save on attorney's fees will be much more than the $3,000 difference in your claim.
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #277
adam0321

thanks for the heads up. not trying to imply you are wrong, just aking. I bet you have more expierence with this then I do.
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #278
Rich Z

Quote:
thanks for the heads up. not trying to imply you are wrong, just aking. I bet you have more expierence with this then I do.
I didn't take it that way at all. Everything about this situation has proven to be a disappointment, as well as an eye opener, to me. But your mileage may vary....
Unread 03-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #279
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Has anyone noticed that all the web sites Harwood had are no longer available. Hmmmmm makes me wonder if he has skipped out of the state.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #280
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Has anyone noticed that all the web sites Harwood had are no longer available. Hmmmmm makes me wonder if he has skipped out of the state.
That would probably be the smartest thing he could do, but quite honestly, I don't believe he has. I think Keli has family ties too strong in the area. Not to mention there being kids involved, that would make that all the tougher to manage.

Besides, the economy is still pretty bad, so pulling up roots and moving with no guaranteed sources of income awaiting them in a new location will be pretty tough to do. Plus everyone can check the internet for background info on anyone else, so if he wants to get back into the automotive field, the reputation he has earned for himself will certainly follow him no matter where he goes. ANY future involvement with Corvettes ANYWHERE will most likely have his name turn up pretty quickly.