The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation
Default MY 383LS1

I was going to go out to see Chris today,but the weather wasn't very nice.Just wanted to see if anything more had been done to my car other than just the short block install. Hope your car is about ready Rich.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
vetteguy61

Chris sent me a text this morning letting me know he would start back on my car Wed or Thur. I answered back great cause I need my car back be the 17th of Sept. No reply back to my answer.
Unread 08-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Chris sent me a text this morning letting me know he would start back on my car Wed or Thur. I answered back great cause I need my car back be the 17th of Sept. No reply back to my answer.
Well, I guess I am curious about how he plans on doing that since last I heard my car still isn't finished.
Unread 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
vetteguy61

Well Rich I really don't think he will do anything to my car until yours is done.I guess that's why he didn't reply to my 17 Sept of wanting my car back.I don't think he has the parts I gave him money for back on the 9th of Mar.I'm going out there Thursday to get an answer in writing on when he will have my car done.
Unread 08-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well Rich I really don't think he will do anything to my car until yours is done.I guess that's why he didn't reply to my 17 Sept of wanting my car back.I don't think he has the parts I gave him money for back on the 9th of Mar.I'm going out there Thursday to get an answer in writing on when he will have my car done.
Most people never think of this including me but getting a 'completed by' date is a good idea. If whoever is unwilling, keep looking. I also would like to know if you can do staggered payments. At each phase of construction, you pay for only the next step. I know doing a frame off restoration that's pretty much the accepted method of payment.

Hope you guys are on the road soon.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
vetteguy61

Me too Bob. I think Rich and I will have to meet and have dinner after we get our cars back.
Unread 09-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
vetteguy61

Will be leaving in awhile for Bluntstown to talk to Chris on my car being done by the 17th.I have a feeling it will end up somewhere else to get finished.
Unread 09-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Will be leaving in awhile for Bluntstown to talk to Chris on my car being done by the 17th.I have a feeling it will end up somewhere else to get finished.
That's one reason I asked about 'pay as you go'. If everything is paid up front and the job doesn't get completed you're screwed. I don't mean this as a negative comment, only that the guy could die, business could burn down or many other things could happen.

I had an engine built, actually two of them and never paid a dime up front.
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
vetteguy61

Chris doesn't have the capital to put out for parts.That's whe he wants the money up front.
I did assure me my car would be ready by the 17th. only time will tell if that happens.He wants to get my car and Rich's car out of the shop because he is closing the doors in Bluntstown the end of the month and will have a shop in Tallahassee.I know one thing I'm not going to be making a round trip of over 200 miles to have any work done.
Unread 09-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #10
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Chris doesn't have the capital to put out for parts.That's whe he wants the money up front.
I did assure me my car would be ready by the 17th. only time will tell if that happens.He wants to get my car and Rich's car out of the shop because he is closing the doors in Bluntstown the end of the month and will have a shop in Tallahassee.I know one thing I'm not going to be making a round trip of over 200 miles to have any work done.
That's a long haul. Hope that thing gets done and doesn't need any tweaking later on. Rich and Thunder are also out there. Anyone else?