The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 02-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
ClockworkC5
droog

Name :
ClockworkC5 is on a distinguished road
Default HELP !!! OIL PRESSURE

my c5 has been running perfect. just bought it 2 weeks ago. all maintenance done by a gm dealership and they had all paper work. the oil pressure has always been fine. fluxuating between 25 and 45. anyway, yesterday i go to leave, start the motor and notice that the oil pressure gauge didnt go back down. its still maxed out. so i check the digital gauge and its reading 130. so i shut car off and turn it back on. same thing. so i turn the car off and turn the key to run position, so i have input from sensors w/o the motor running. still maxed out at 130. there is no way the oil pressure is that high. it would blow the piston seals, id be crop dusting heavily (black smoke out the exhaust). the oil temp would skyrocket, and it would shoot the dipstick right threw the hood. none of which has happened. it has to be a faulty sensor. everyplace was closed last night when i left class. so ive had to drive. ill feel much better w/ a new sensor. just looking for confirmation that it has to be a faulty sensor. im changing it tonight, but would like peace of mind in the mean time. also what does an ac delco oil pressure sensor run?

sorry for the repost, dont know how to move post.
ClockworkC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
Mongoose

Name :
Mongoose is on a distinguished road

You got it.....definitely the sensor. I think they go for just under $100 at the dealer. You will have to remove the intake manifold to get at it and I am pretty sure the socket is a 1 1/16th deep (hard to find). Make sure you have the socket before you rip the car apart.

Goodluck
Brian
08 LS3 11.92@119
00 FRC Heads and Cam
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
ClockworkC5
droog

Name :
ClockworkC5 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info, picked up the socket. $10. and im sure ill never use it again. if anyone needs to use it let me know and you can borrow it if youd like.
ClockworkC5 is offline   Reply With Quote