The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
03blackZ06

Name :
03blackZ06 has disabled reputation

Erik at HKE does some amazing builds on blocks also. don't count him out. There are a bunch of decent 06 z06's out there for the low 40's. You may not get exactly what you want, but after you sell your car you will have money to make it exactly what you want. You are in a good position, there are alot of people who need to get rid of there cars due to money problems. Take advantage and pic you up a gem. my .02
03blackZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03blackZ06 View Post
Erik at HKE does some amazing builds on blocks also. don't count him out. There are a bunch of decent 06 z06's out there for the low 40's. You may not get exactly what you want, but after you sell your car you will have money to make it exactly what you want. You are in a good position, there are alot of people who need to get rid of there cars due to money problems. Take advantage and pic you up a gem. my .02
Sell my car? Whatever gave you that idea? Even if I do get a new Z06, I'm still keeing the C5Z.

But I've got some time to look around, as I need to get a garage built first. But that isn't going real well either......
Unread 07-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #13
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

I sent you a pm with Steve Leonard's phone number. He has built many bad azz 427s. He is a great guy and knows his stuff.

Good Luck
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post
I sent you a pm with Steve Leonard's phone number. He has built many bad azz 427s. He is a great guy and knows his stuff.

Good Luck
Thanks! Does he have a website, by any chance?
Unread 07-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #15
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Thanks! Does he have a website, by any chance?
Nope. He's just a one man show, very honest and maticulous. He built my 383 and one 427 that i know of for a TampaBay Posse member. He's never in a hurry and makes sure everything is top notch.

Give him a call, he will be glad to speak with you, he's originally from Tennessee and is here in Tampa.
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #16
Rich Z

Does he go by a business name?
Unread 07-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #17
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Steve built motors for us for several years....one of the better builders around. He dosen't do many now as he is working mainly with the Mazda spec racers and has been planning on a move to AZ.
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:57 AM   #18
Rich Z

OK, after talking with a few potential candidates to build this 427 motor for me, along with a bunch of other drivetrain upgrades, here's what I am going to get:
  • Warhawk 427 short World Products WARHAWK
    aluminum LS1 block. 9.240" deck height, priority main oiling, billet main caps, 6
    bolt holes per cylinder, pt# 086220. Balanced, blueprinted & assembled
    shortblock. Parts: Callies Compstar 4340 4.0" stroke crankshaft, Callies 6.125" H-I rods w/ ARP 2000 7/16" bolts, Wiseco 4.125" forged turbo duty pistons w/tool steel wrist pins & anti friction coating on skirts, NPR stainless chrome top(for high heat applications)-napier 2nd-3mm oil rings, Clevite MS2199H mains, Clevite CB 663 H rods Dura Bond cam bearings.
  • WARHAWK LS7X 285cc intake runner complete heads for Hyd. roller, 6 bolt holes per cylinder.Parts: Manley 2.200 intake valves, stainless 1.625" exhaust valves, Manley Nex Tek dual valve springs good to .700" lift, Manley titanium
    retainers, Manley machined locks, Manley machined locators, Viton valve seal w/steel jacket.
  • Competition valve job, lap in valve job, blend in valve job to intake & exhaust ports & chambers, measure chamber volume, mill heads to desired chamber volume,measure & set valve guide to stem clearence, set up springs for specific camshaft.
  • Cam Motion Hyd. roller camshaft
  • Manley one piece chromoly push rods Roll master double roller timing set w/ torington bearing & nitrided gears. Rocker arms Jesel Pro Series shaft mounted adj. roller rockers 1.8 1.8 ratio 4 Bolt Kit Warhawk accessory kit: Rear cover &
    gasket, oil galley & water plugs, valley cover, ARP 6 bolt head studs Head gasket Fel Pro MLS head gaskets for Warhawk block Melling LS Melling 10295 high pressure, coated oil pump/ ported LS Vett Power Bond SFI Corvette 10%
    underdrive balancer w/ARP balancer bolt assemble complete longblock ( degree cam, check P to V, install heads, set up valve train)
  • Ported LS7 intake manifiold
  • New water pump.
  • FIDANZA OR SPEC TWIN DISC CLUTCH (1300 HP CAPACITY)
  • NEW SLAVE CYLINDER
  • PFADT POLYEUROTHANE TRANS AXLE BRACE
  • DTE TRANS AND DIFF BRACE
  • PFADT C5 POLYEUROTHANE ENGINE MOUNTS
  • BUILT 342 DIFFERENTIAL 300M HARDENED OUTPUT SHAFT AND BEEFED UP CLUTCH PACK
  • REAR ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT COUPLER
  • AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM (1000 HP CAPACITY) INCLUDES BILLET FUEL RAILS AND STEEL BRAIDED FUEL LINES W/AIRCRAFT FITTINGS AND PRESSURE REGULATOR.
  • FUEL INJECTORS
  • STARTER (LIFETIME WARRANTY)
  • REMOVAL AND INSTALL
  • Custom tuning

All for a lot more than I wanted to spend, but a real bargain, nonetheless, for all the goodies I'll be getting with this package. I'm thinking about adding a new tunnel plate to the list, and maybe other doodads as I think of them while the guts are all out of my C5Z.

And the shop I have chosen to do this job, after careful consideration of all the offers I have received, is (drum roll, please!)

Chris Harwood aka Xtreme MotorSports

I'll be running a check over to him sometime this week and he will start ordering parts and getting everything accumulated for the surgery. That way my car will be down for a minimum amount of time when everything is ready to pull the car into the operating room.

I figure this will be just as much fun (maybe more so) than getting that new C6 Z06 I was looking for. Certainly less money out of my pocket, and I will have enough left over to get that new paint job I've been thinking of. Maybe get a new custom leather interior as well.

Now, hopefully I won't snap mine or Connie's neck when I stomp the accelerator, nor wind up going sideways at 100 mph. I'm certainly going to be cautious about the power this thing should have on tap.

So why am I doing this? Heck, just because I WANT to! Just something about the *427* engine when in a Corvette sends tingles down my spine. So if I am going that route, why not go whole hog with it and get a fire breathing and snorting monster of a motor as well?

Anyway, I'm going to try to get over to Chris's place as much as I can when the build and install is taking place so I can video a lot of all this. That should be a lot of fun as well for me...
Unread 08-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #19
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Excellent choice on all components.....the Pfadt stuff will help the rest of the drivetrain as well.
Unread 08-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #20
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Rich......ya G-O-T-T-A post pictures of this "surgery"!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote