The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 09-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #51
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Well even with my car out of xtreme motor sports my luck is still running bad on my car. Received a call from the shop I tookk it to and the shop manager told me tey tried to turn over the short block by hand and it wouldn't move. I called LME who built the motor about it and was assured that it turned very easy before it left their shop. I am at a loss as to why it won't turn now. Any one have any thoughts on this?I'm open to all salutions short of sending the motor back to texas to have it redone. My wallet can't stand anymore cash outflow.
I don't think LME would ship an engine that wouldn't spin. How well do you know the new shop?
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #52
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

I plan on going over there first thing in the morning.They open at 7:00 am and are actually there at 7:00 am. The shop manager is about 6'2" 200lbs.I'll find out something tomorrow I hope.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #53
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Well Bob this is the 2nd car from xtreme they have had to finish building.The owner of the shop is a corvette guy and assured me that my car would not leave their shop unless he signed off that it was 100% ready to drive with no problems. I sure hope is something small and be corrected at a very little cost to me.$$$$$$$ are passing by my eyes.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #54
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Do you have an automatic or a manual? And when you say turn over by hand, I'm assuming you mean putting a breaker bar on the crank bolt, locking the flywheel (if you have an auto) and rotating away?
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #55
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Well Mike, here we are in the wrong forum again so I won't say what I think. I'm sure that there are others reading this stuff that get as upset as I do reading these posts. I have seen your exchange with Rich about his other engine and it just makes me sick that you may not have any other options. That's so far removed from what you had planned but it's great that Rich is offering you a way out if need be.

My previous post was just expressing a concern about the other shop and I was curious as to whether you knew them or if you had the means to check them out. It just seems strange that the engine won't turn over. I'm glad to see you are going out there to confirm what's going on with it.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote