The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #91
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

The Calhoun County Sheriff wasn't all that helpful today. I called Bob Buchholz as soon as I got home and left a message on his answering machine.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #92
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
The Calhoun County Sheriff wasn't all that helpful today. I called Bob Buchholz as soon as I got home and left a message on his answering machine.
Mike,

If you want to take him to court then do it. When you state your claim, include court costs, fees, etc in the body of the claim. You don't need an attorney.

As for the Sheriff’s office, how about a few more specifics as to how they refused to assist? Might help sort things out a bit.

Remember, you don’t have to accept what some patrol person or even a district supervisor gives you as final rule.

Go over their heads. Go to the Sheriff if need be! Go to the press.
Hell, most sheriff’s are more scared of the press than they are of the bad guys.

Although portions of this matter are civil, the criminal side is growing stronger by the day.

If the sheriff, local PD and especially this Buchotlz character from Agriculture, with all the time he’s had to work on this, can’t get it figured out, then maybe it’s time for some new blood up your way.

You have to remember too, most of the DOAC investigators are retirees (old retirees) from somewhere else, just riding out another pension. Not really there to save the world.

This is basically what I have posted before but it looks like no one is getting the picture. I have contacted Buchotlz and have not received a reply. I wonder why. I have written to Bill Posey, my Congressman but he hasn't had time to reply. If you folks don't demand action I doubt you'll get any. I'm demanding to know why they are not protecting the citizens of Florida and I WILL GET A REPLY.

I lost your phone number. Feel free to call.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #93
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

You can't get blood from a turnip, it is very difficult to recover money even when it is court ordered. Court fees also have to be paid up front. Our best hope is that the state will prosecute him. If they lump us all together.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #94
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
You can't get blood from a turnip, it is very difficult to recover money even when it is court ordered. Court fees also have to be paid up front. Our best hope is that the state will prosecute him. If they lump us all together.
I wouldn't think for a moment you'll get so much as a dime. I want to know why the state has continued to allow him to stay in business after the initial complaint was filed. He had no license, right? I want to know why they are not protecting other citizens of this state. I want to know why he's not being prosecuted.

I think you can sit there for a long time and hope. Hope will get you nothing.
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #95
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Because they collected his fine money and called it even, they weren't worried about the little guy, they were worried about collecting fines.

Now, frankly anyone who takes him to court is not going to get a penny out of Chris no matter how bad they win. Simply because he has nothing to give up and nothing that he owns worth selling off if the state does sell his stuff off. They can't take money off of his checks if he ever gets hired anywhere because he will just move out of state and disappear.

The best bet is to get him in jail in the first place and THIS is where I am concerned, because the STATE needs to put up. The people have been robbed and have made written and verbal complaints to police departments and consumer affairs and JACK **** has happened to him.

Bob, you are really coming off the wrong way. You don't understand what it took to endure most of this BS to begin with, but I don't think you've realized how much effort people have put in to getting him in trouble. A civilian shouldn't have to take someone to court to have them put in jail, the complaints and proof are ALL there for SOMEONE in the state/local government to do something. A warrant is WELL overdue for this guy who has commited felonies against the people. People want to be done with this and once they apply all that effort in getting their own cars back and filing what should be enough worth of reports to the proper agencies, they are just worn out and want to be done with it. They have done MORE then enough.

Maybe some sort of Tallahassee News journalist will take up the mantle of justice, anyone know anyone? Police and Consumer Affairs not assisting the people in the first place is news itself.

Maybe getting ahold of the district attorney will help, that seems to be the best option in my opinion as they can do the most damage.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #96
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Make sure you are using this number for Bob Buchholz: (850) 528-1909
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #97
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
Same. Someone give me $400 and I'll take him to court.

The dude STOLE parts from me and the police that i contacted said they couldn't do anything. It's not a failure of the people who have been getting F'd. It's a failure of the system not getting involved. Bob Buccholz should have called the DA by now and let them open up a case. CHRIS HARWOOD SHOULD BE IN JAIL.
Why do you need $400? I believe filing a small claims court suit only costs around $35 or so. As long as your claim is under $6,000 you can use small claims court to try to get restitution. More and more places of finance and employment are using background checks on people they extend loans to or hire for employment. Having a judgment filed against him for the damages he inflicted upon you in the manner apparent would be a great big red flag for the rest of his days. Heck, Chris's employee, Justin, can't get a job working for a car dealership because of his driving record. That's nothing compared to what outstanding court orders and judgments do for prospective employers.

And if Chris were to flee the state to escape a judgment, then that could be construed as contempt of court and he would then have a warrant out for his arrest. Imagine THAT showing up on a background check when he tries to get anywhere financially or employment-wise.... Heck, I think more and more states are being reciprocal with that sort of info even for the issuing of driver's licenses. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in that kind of a position for the rest of my life.
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #98
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road

I am no attorney but perhaps the legal recourse you are all seeking individually would be more attainable if you all got together for coffee somewhere an discussed the possibility of a class action against this individual. At the very least you could pool all your data and appoint someone to approach the authoritys as a representative for all and not just one persons problem. I know from experience that an individual making a request will not get the attention a group approching the same people for help will.Remember the squeakie wheel gets the grease and the louder the squeak the more attention it gets. Good Luck with whatever you do.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #99
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
Bob, you are really coming off the wrong way. You don't understand what it took to endure most of this BS to begin with, but I don't think you've realized how much effort people have put in to getting him in trouble. A civilian shouldn't have to take someone to court to have them put in jail, the complaints and proof are ALL there for SOMEONE in the state/local government to do something. A warrant is WELL overdue for this guy who has commited felonies against the people. People want to be done with this and once they apply all that effort in getting their own cars back and filing what should be enough worth of reports to the proper agencies, they are just worn out and want to be done with it. They have done MORE then enough.
You're right Dan, I probably don't know everything that has transpired nor what any of you have done to seek resolution. You must agree though that it's not been enough. You know the old saying, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going".

Everything I have posted is info from someone that knows exactly how the state works and what has to be done to get the resolution that all of you deserve. It's especially tough for you because of where you're at but none of us can just quit. I know I won't until somebody can explain to me why he's in business. I will continue to write emails and if they don't reply I'll keep on writing until they do.

I will try to get more suggestions but everything I posted should get the job done if we all continue to demand that someone takes action. I wish other members would join us.
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #100
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

All involved in the problems with Chris Harwood will be meeting together with the state investigator in the near future. We are all pretty worn out and strapped for cash after going through this ordeal. Going to court isn't worth the effort due to a judgment would never be paid. We plan on letting the state handle this.I'm sure Bob Bucholz has more then our complaints to look into. So for the people who are posting the state is dragging on this need to be aware of the investigator's current workload. As for wanting to know what the sheriff's department said to me it's not your concern. I'll do what I have to with the state to get Chris his just rewards.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote