The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 04-10-2023, 07:22 PM   #31
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I have had my fair share of such conversations too.

In reference to Jesus Christ, the strongest argument I can come up with in favor of him being a real person/event is that SOMETHING so extraordinary had to have happened at the time period between 1 B.C. and 1 A.D. such that calendars were forcibly reset to ZERO to commemorate that person/event. What other person or event in all of known history had that same effect on humanity?

Something very notable to the extreme certainly happened at that time.
Unread 04-11-2023, 08:56 AM   #32
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

So how is Connie doing? Has she responded to the treatment?
Unread 04-11-2023, 08:57 AM   #33
85vette

Name :

If you want to move this conversation over to the other post I’ll understand.
Unread 04-11-2023, 02:40 PM   #34
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
If you want to move this conversation over to the other post I’ll understand.
Done.
Unread 04-11-2023, 02:58 PM   #35
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
So how is Connie doing? Has she responded to the treatment?
Well, that would be a yes and a no. One of the markers they use for ovarian cancer is the CA 125 blood test. During actual chemo, the number was dropping rapidly. Then when she went off of two of the drugs and still remained on the Avastin as a "maintenance" drug, the number is climbing back up again.

• 9000+ - May, 2022
  • 984 - 06/16/2022
  • 579 - 06/29/2022
  • 335 - 07/20/2022
  • 211 - 08/10/2022
  • 154 - 09/20/2022
  • 333 - 10/31/2022
  • 146 - 11/28/2022
  • 99 - 01/04/2023
  • 64.7 - 01/17/2023
  • 82.7 - 02/09/2023
  • 157.3 - 03/06/2023
  • 410.1 - 03/27/2023

A "normal" reading is between 0 and 35 or so.

In a meeting with Connie's oncologist (Dr. Stephens), she seemed to be pretty positive. She noted that Connie's CA 125 number was up (the last reading she had was from 03-06 since she didn't have the number from the 03-27 test yet). She said it is disappointing, but there are a lot of things that can affect that reading. I asked her what exactly that CA 125 is an indication of, since calling it a "tumor marker" sure makes it sound ominous. She said it was actually a measure of peritoneal irritation. The peritoneum (for when I look back on this and can't remember) is the lining of the abdominal cavity. Yeah, cancer can cause this number to rise, but so can anything else that might cause inflammation. I guess inflammation would not be a good thing, no matter what is causing it, though. But Dr. Stephens didn't seem real concerned about it. She did do a physical exam of Connie, and said everything seemed just fine with that.

On the positive side, physical exams are not showing any tumor formation, nor have the last CT scans Connie has had. Connie also had an echocardiogram of her heart done recently, and the tech remembered Connie and the problems she was having with fluid building up around her right lung. So he checked that out and said there was no fluid buildup to be seen.

She seems to be maintaining a weight of between 113 and 114 after dropping down to around 108 or so in the thick of the chemotherapy. So that seems to be a good sign. She seems to be tired quite often, but from what I have read, that is a long lasting aftereffect of chemo therapy. She never really lost all of her hair, and what she did lose seems to be coming back now. Some days she will tell me that she feels completely normal.

But we have both read extensively about ovarian cancer, especially the stage 4 version, and know that Connie is a LONG LONG way from being out of the woods. And is known to recur, and when it does, it can be pretty harsh.

So I pray a lot.

She has an appointment down at Moffitt Cancer Center in May. She likes her current oncologist here at Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center, but when we went to a local cancer support group meeting, everyone there emphatically told her that going to Moffitt for some opinions would be a real good thing to do. So we are following that advice.

Honestly, after that fiasco (ongoing) with the COVID vaccine and the way the FDA and pharmaceutical companies handled the alternate information about therapeutic drugs, I have little to no faith in them nor doctors who dance solely to the tune they play. So Connie and I spend a lot of time reading about alternatives. Admittedly there is likely a lot of BS and snake oil bantered about, but are willing to try to read through the chaff to see if there is actually some wheat kernels there.

So I guess we are both pretty much just walking on the knife edge of life these days. Very difficult to look at the future without getting sucked down into that black hole you know is lurking there.
Unread 04-11-2023, 07:29 PM   #36
85vette

Name :

I'll keep you both in my prayers also Rich. But I'm glad she's having good days and that the news looks to be good for the most part.

The internet used to be a great source for information but as of late it seems that there's more opinion posted than fact. Especially when it comes to health issues. And when you search for something specific then you get bombarded with ads and junk about that particular subject. And I swear my phone hears my conversations and links that with my computer!

I really long for the good old days, before technology took over. But with the advent of AI I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.

But certainly exhaust all options that you can. Have you looked to the Mayo Clinic for any help? My brother's father in law is an anesthesiologist in Atlanta and he speaks very highly of them.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...c/mac-20375952
Unread 05-30-2023, 01:50 PM   #37
Rich Z

Well, I made it through the 1 year anniversary of my heart attack last year on this date. I guess that is a good sign?

Connie had her one year anniversary from her cancer diagnosis on 04-27. That number "427" used to mean something entirely different to me.
Unread 05-31-2023, 06:07 AM   #38
85vette

Name :

Twenty years this year since I found I had Melanoma. Or as I say, my wife saved my life. She noticed an irregular area on my back and made me go to a dermatologist. Thankful for every day!

Congratulations on your anniversaries!
Unread 11-06-2023, 09:17 PM   #39
Rich Z

Been a long while since I made an update.

Short answer is, my wife and best friend of 45 years is dying. Despite the mainstream chemo treatments, despite the alternative drugs we were trying, despite her trip to Tijuana Mexico to an alternative treatment facility called Oasis Of Hope, and despite the hardest and longest praying I have ever done in my life.

She is now under Hospice care. This past Friday the hospice nurse said that based on similar cases she has seen, Connie would likely pass away within 2 weeks.

Now she is bed ridden in a hospital bed we have in the family room in our home. Both of her sisters are here to help out. Thank goodness, because I couldn't do this sort of care alone. She is obviously fading fast, and her speech is becoming almost unintelligible. None of us have had any unbroken sleep for a while now, because it takes all three of us to get Connie out of bed and to the port-a-potty and back again. Her legs have gotten very weak and she has difficulty maintaining her balance. She would definitely fall and hurt herself without our assistance.

I am a crushed and shattered man. She was my entire world. I went to my PCP doctor last week and got prescribed some medication to help get me through this (hopefully). I already had valium that was prescribed by an earlier doctor, which helped take the edge off of things a LOT of times, but this is getting REALLY heavy now. The stuff I am taking is supposed to take a couple of weeks to really kick in, so I am hoping it kicks in before I just lose my mind.

I don't have a single solitary clue about what I will do when (if? Still hope for a miracle.) she dies. A very VERY big part of me will die too.
Unread 11-07-2023, 07:03 PM   #40
85vette

Name :

The time comes when we all have to face the reality of death. Whether it be friends or family. It's certainly not easy nor something any of us care to face. And each of us deals with it in our own way. Losing a spouse is a life changing event. I do not look forward to that day. I don't know what I would do without my wife. Seriously. She has been my everything for over 30 years. Honestly though, if it comes down to it, I pray that she would go first though. As I don't want for her to have to deal with this world that we are now living in by herself. I would prefer to lose her rather than worry about how she would have to handle what the world has to throw at her without me to protect her.
And we have both accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior and by the Grace of God will meet again in Heaven. This is the best any of us can hope for. This world holds nothing for us. Christ is quite literally our only Hope. I pray that you and Connie have accepted Jesus as your Savior my friend. All you have to do is believe. I've seen enough in my life to know that He is real. Many times over.