View Single Post
Unread 11-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #14
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Default HELPING AT MEMBER POST SO WE CAN READ!!

[color="White"]Hi All,
I am responding to a post made by Johnny Boy. The person making this post is the son of the customer. He is not either the owner or the driver of the Corvette...he doesn't even live in the same house. When this car came to us it was in very rough condition. I am responding to the statements below in Blue Bold for your review. I would like to apologize for any misspellings in my text. The grammatical errors in the young man's post make it impossible to use any type of spell check.

Thought i would speak out. nice guys, and they have good and bad work. i recently started working at an auto shop and brought the vette in for a tune up. discovered why my brakes were heating up enough to make the paint peel....the rotors were on back words. not letting air into them to cool them down. Actually, we have reviewed the pictures of our install and we have checked the Baer website. An installation by our friends at Mallet show that our rotors are turning in the same direction. If anyone would like to verify this fact E Mail me privately and I will forward the pictures. Painted rotors only bubble when they are driven hard for an extended period of time.and i had to pull my stereo to check my antenna wire that was never plugged back in and found that no screws were reinstalled into my head unit after they pulled the dash apart. During the period of time we had this vehicle, we NEVER took the dash apart and never were near the radio. The vehicle in question is a very rough car and we did a ton of work to bring it back to acceptable standards. This car was the worst C5 we have ever had in our shop. Everything on this car had been taken apart and haphazardly reinstalled. We replaced more bolts, screws, brackets and pieces than any 10 cars we've ever worked on.but im some what ok with this, because it was all found before ne thing needed to be replaced. but i would recommend staying away from them unless u want your baby torn apart and half a$$ed together. and it also doesnt bother me because after we found they lied to us, I don't know what he is referring to...he would need to be more specific when he accuses someone of lying.and held the vette for a month longer then we were told. The reason we had the car for an additional month is the car was originally a $10,000.00 car which turned into a $26,324.14 car. As anyone can see, quite a bit of extra work was performed on this vehicle.we never paid them r final check. and they were smart enough not to call for it. This statement is false. We were paid in full and the owner was very pleased with the work.so just my 2 cents on them. It is unfortunate that this young man takes it upon himself to make this post. He obviously doesn't understand the damage this type of post can create. Is it that now that he has recently started working in a shop that he has become a master mechanic? It has taken me many years to perfect this art. My son, Brian (29 Years of age) has followed in my footsteps and has become good at what he does too. If my son made a post of this nature I would be very disappointed.

I have been in contact with the owner of the Corvette and he was as surprised as I was to hear of this post. He stated that his tire sensors did leak and he had to have them serviced. He also stated that his Baer Rotors bubbled. I informed him that the main cause of bubbling was from excessive braking. I also sent him pictures of his rotors and the Mallet Rotors from the Baer website so he could see we installed them correctly. I invited him to come back in and I would repaint the rotors at no charge.
We are calibrating our 10th year in business and we take great pride in the work we do. We specialize in working of C5 and C6 Corvettes, period. We stand behind everything we do and have bent over backwards to service our customers' needs. The vast majority of customers have had a good experience in our shop and I will admit that I'm a look you straight in the eye kind of guy and give you my opinion. Some folks may not care for my technique but those who know me know that we treat every car as if it's ours. We spend our customers' money the same way. Over the years we've had over a dozen Corvettes in magazines and have Corvettes all over the United States and the world including Canada, Hawaii, Norway, Sweden, Germany, England, etc. We hold the record as having the world's fastest stock block naturally aspirated C5 Corvette, 11.80 @117.83 MPH, and have won many a drag race and autocross during this period of time.
I have only spoken to Johnny Boy a couple of times but I can tell you he is far from a mechanic. He stood in awe of our Corvettes, our business, and the work we did on his father's car. I guess the only way he can feel more important is to attempt to berate those above him. I would like to thank those who have posted positively in our support and thank those who have called me regarding this matter.

Thank You,

Jake Delaney
Corvette Concepts
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida
941-322-0577